OH HELL FUCKING YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OH HELL FUCKING YES!

Saw the video too. His playing sucks and Kid Rock is showing his white trash side now that he no longer pretends to be black, but it was nice to see another Jackson on TV, especially the Rhoads.

Was the red one an RR-3? Looked like it with the trans red with chrome hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
      um...yeah, but alexi isn't with jackson anymore.

sully
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He left the Jackson, because his guitars were stolen! Jackson was also sold to Fender, so Alexi couldn't get his NEW guitars in next 3 months! That's why he ordered new customs at ESP guitars! Otherwise, his heart still beats for Jackson [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ibanez:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
        um...yeah, but alexi isn't with jackson anymore.

sully
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He left the Jackson, because his guitars were stolen! Jackson was also sold to Fender, so Alexi couldn't get his NEW guitars in next 3 months! That's why he ordered new customs at ESP guitars! Otherwise, his heart still beats for Jackson [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i know you're new and all, (welcome, btw) but yes...all of this is very, very, very old news.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ups..
          I'm sorry than [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Like I said: SEARCH FUNCTION!

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Saw K Rock and POM the other night here in St. Louis and yes, 2 CS Rhoads', one red and one white, the white was a close resemblance of the JCF guitar, minus the script logo and I'm sure a few others, both had CS logos on them...

Anyway, it was nice to see them on stage, too bad he plays them like a little kid and the one finger wonders these days... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

All in all,

What difference does it make? Do you want JAckson to get more exposure so they sell more guitars to kids 15-22 who actually watch MTV?

Id think you guys would enjoy the exclusivity a little more of having a niche market (Jacksons and their metal/hard rock market), not nu-metal, or nu-rap, or whatever Kid Rock classifies himself as.

Knowledgeable guitarists know JAcksons quality, I'd think id rather have that good word spread around rather then every kid in high school talkin about the next Jackson he's gonna get his mom to get him.

Not a huge deal though!

Comment

I agree with Sully. Like it or not, Jackson is looked at as a cheesy metal guitar. We all know thats not true, but thats the way it is. Don't get me wrong. I don't give a crap what people think. I play them because they are the best. I've been playing for 20 years and I always come back to Jackson. San Dimas, Ontario, early 90's imports or whatever. They all rock. The only thing I would change if I could is the shitty 80's metal rep they have. The more mainstream they get, the better.
                  "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

does anyone know if the red rhoads he's using an rr5?

Comment

well, i'm all for getting these guitars the attention that they deserve. i think that it would be wonderful for the jackson guitars reputation to be associated with the quality that they have, not as hair metal guitars that should be forgotten about.

if that means putting them in the hands of players in other genres, i'm all for it. i mean, how irritating is it for people to not buy these guitars because they think they're hair metal guitars? that's lame, and yes, i do want to see the brand be as successful as it can be.

underground, schmunderground!

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't think it's fair to call Kid Rock's guys nu metal one-finger wonders...listen to Only God Knows Why and tell me how nu-metal that is...

Comment

Box,

I didn't say he was a one finger wonder, only that he plays them like one... I'm certain it's not his choice, but that's what I saw.

For the record, I'm not a Kid Rock fan, at all, just something to do the other night is all...

Pat

Comment

Hey Pat, I wasn't really throwing a jab at what you said...sorry if you took it that way. A lot of guys do think that they're one-finger dudes though, which is certainly the case sometimes, but man, listen to that country song!! Yeeeehaw!! Kid Rock isn't my favorite, but anyone who can do straight up rap albums then write an awesome country song definitely has my respect.

Comment

I'll leave the country jab alone... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't take it as a jab at me, just wanted to clarify is all.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026:
                                All in all,

What difference does it make? Do you want JAckson to get more exposure so they sell more guitars to kids 15-22 who actually watch MTV?

Id think you guys would enjoy the exclusivity a little more of having a niche market (Jacksons and their metal/hard rock market), not nu-metal, or nu-rap, or whatever Kid Rock classifies himself as.

Knowledgeable guitarists know JAcksons quality, I'd think id rather have that good word spread around rather then every kid in high school talkin about the next Jackson he's gonna get his mom to get him.

Not a huge deal though!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X