OH HELL FUCKING YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OH HELL FUCKING YES!

Wow, the cover of Guitar World and MTV all within a few weeks of eachother. I guess that's what happens when you're owned by Fender!
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
      well, i'm all for getting these guitars the attention that they deserve. i think that it would be wonderful for the jackson guitars reputation to be associated with the quality that they have, not as hair metal guitars that should be forgotten about.

if that means putting them in the hands of players in other genres, i'm all for it. i mean, how irritating is it for people to not buy these guitars because they think they're hair metal guitars? that's lame, and yes, i do want to see the brand be as successful as it can be.

underground, schmunderground!

sully
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jacksons AREN'T really seen as Hair Metal guitars that people should forget about... Most teenagers and aspiring guitarists these days don't even know anything about them. Its people like many here that keep pushing the "hair metal" brand on them and that should stop.

There are a number of real metal guitarists and metal bands that play Jacksons and love them. They are no longer associated with "hair" metal, but underground Extreme Metal.

Get out of the 80's bro most everyone else has. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

As for putting them in the spotlight... screw that... Jackson doesn't need to mass produce guitars, their custom shop orders are backlogged for a good reason. Because people are ordering them. Has there ever been a period in the last 5 years where they've been out of work or lacking orders? NO.

Jackson wasn't in desperate shape when Fender bought them, and they aren't in desperate shape now. Getting Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit to play them would be utterly insane.

Trade some exposure for image? And you thought the "hair metal guitar" tag was bad? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just took my wife to see Kid Rock on the 20th of May @ Wichita & let me tell you what.....man they were really good live...I am no Kid Rock fan but man he really works that bands asses off live.They are really super tight & I have to say that they are good at all types of music.

I mean they would go from playing some really heavy shit to play the theme song of the Dukes of Hazzard.And yes the guy playing the Jackson can shredd....he did a good solo when they introduced the band.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
          well, i'm all for getting these guitars the attention that they deserve. i think that it would be wonderful for the jackson guitars reputation to be associated with the quality that they have, not as hair metal guitars that should be forgotten about.

if that means putting them in the hands of players in other genres, i'm all for it. i mean, how irritating is it for people to not buy these guitars because they think they're hair metal guitars? that's lame, and yes, i do want to see the brand be as successful as it can be.

underground, schmunderground!

sully
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jacksons AREN'T really seen as Hair Metal guitars that people should forget about... Most teenagers and aspiring guitarists these days don't even know anything about them. Its people like many here that keep pushing the "hair metal" brand on them and that should stop.

There are a number of real metal guitarists and metal bands that play Jacksons and love them. They are no longer associated with "hair" metal, but underground Extreme Metal.

Get out of the 80's bro most everyone else has. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

As for putting them in the spotlight... screw that... Jackson doesn't need to mass produce guitars, their custom shop orders are backlogged for a good reason. Because people are ordering them. Has there ever been a period in the last 5 years where they've been out of work or lacking orders? NO.

Jackson wasn't in desperate shape when Fender bought them, and they aren't in desperate shape now. Getting Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit to play them would be utterly insane.

Trade some exposure for image? And you thought the "hair metal guitar" tag was bad? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">with all due respect, how high are you? amic was running jackson into the ground, and wanted nothing more than to get rid of it.

yes, they have been mass producing guitars, as does any guitar manufacturer that puts out as many as they do in a month. the custom shop turnaround time is fractions of what it used to be, and they turn out about 20-25 guitars a month.

me get out of the 80s? sorry pal, but i've been out of them since 1990. i'm not one of those who believe that current music sucks and a song must have a 32 bar solo in it, complete with harmonizing, arpeggios and tapping to think that it's good. i'm not saying you're in that population either, but it runs rampant here, unfortunately. believe what you want, but the mass population looks at jackson guitar as hair metal pointy guitars from the 80s, and again, the general population doesn't know of all the underground metal dudes that play these things, hence the underground status.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What ..you mean I'm not supposed to be playing blues,old school rock and jazz/rock fusion on these things! ala Pat travers and jeff beck or are they considered metal? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
              with all due respect, how high are you? amic was running jackson into the ground, and wanted nothing more than to get rid of it.

yes, they have been mass producing guitars, as does any guitar manufacturer that puts out as many as they do in a month. the custom shop turnaround time is fractions of what it used to be, and they turn out about 20-25 guitars a month.

me get out of the 80s? sorry pal, but i've been out of them since 1990. i'm not one of those who believe that current music sucks and a song must have a 32 bar solo in it, complete with harmonizing, arpeggios and tapping to think that it's good. i'm not saying you're in that population either, but it runs rampant here, unfortunately. believe what you want, but the mass population looks at jackson guitar as hair metal pointy guitars from the 80s, and again, the general population doesn't know of all the underground metal dudes that play these things, hence the underground status.

sully
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm sorry, but I don't see where you're getting your facts... the mass population doesn't know anything about Jacksons. There is no more opinion... the mass majority of people into Jacksons are Death/Black/Technical metalheads. Sure maybe if you ask a bunch of 30+ year olds what they think of Jackson, they'll tell you that. The hair metal association is basically dead, except for a bunch of old geeks who used to wear spandex regularly.

I have a poll going on my board, which is not very friendly to "nu metallers" and DOES have a wide cross section of extreme metalheads, mostly aging from 14-20, with over 100 votes. See the results yourself.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=54710

The "hair metal" image may be clearly stuck in your mind, but to most new players, it's not even an issue.

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] dude, you can't call it a wide variety if they're all into extreme metal! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just pokin atcha.

good point about the 30+ perception, but i dunno, i think that the exposure is a good thing, in that it's nice to see these guitars start to get the (mainstream) attention that they deserve. i also don't care if there's kids talking about what jackson their mom is gonna get them over the summer, didn't we used to drool over them when we were that age, and wish like hell we could have one? not much different (and i know you didn't make that point, xeno, i'm going on a different tangent.)

anyway, i think it's cool. your mileage may vary.

sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You know we always seem to have issues on this board when it comes to Jackson's advertising and merchandising.

1st: Why wouldn't we want Jackson to become mainstream guitars again? I certainly remember drooling over a Rhoads and unfortunately it was $1500, the Warlock I ended up getting was only $800. At that time both guitar company's were in the mainstream, if the Jackson had been $700 cheaper I would have gotten the Rhoads.

2nd: Why is it a concern if a bunch of 14 year old kids are saying, "My mommy is going to get me a new Jackson this summer, or I'm going to get the new Jackson WRMG guitar from my parents." If you want to be in an exclusive club, find a private luthier to build you your guitars. As far as I remember Jackson was never intended to be an exclusive club. Quite frankly, in general I do not care who Jackson picks up as endorsers, as long as it gets the brand back in the mainstream. Hell, I hate Country music, but if they get Toby Keith to endorse Jackson, so be it. Hey why not get Sheryl Crow while they're at it.

As long as they make sure the message the potential buyers are getting, is that these guitars are top quality guitars, who cares.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

mister hamner? if you ever make it to dallas, the first round is on me. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, Extreme Metal IS a wide variety... I fit most non-commercial metal into this category... everything from Progressive, Technical, Brutal, Melodic, and even Folk metal into this category, and also mean demographically. When most kids into metal think of Jackson, they don't remember the glam bands that played them over a decade ago, they think of all the current artists that do.

Hammer1, I'm all for Jackson getting MORE exposure than they currently have, but I also don't want them associated with music that I don't particularly like, or especially despise. How is that a bad or wrong thing?

Personally, I'd rather NOT have Jackson become the newest "trend".

Exposure just for the sake of exposure is pointless. Maybe you feel that Jackson needs to be back in the commercial mainstream, but I'd prefer them not to be. I like the quality they're building now, and the prices they're charging. Put a huge demand on USA guitars (like in the category of Gibson, PRS or Fender) and you'll see the prices increase accordingly. You really want to pay more because all the little rich pop kids are fighting over which mommie and daddie gets the shiny Jackson in the guitar shop window for them?

If you don't mind, maybe you should be playing PRS, ESP or Gibson and be paying more for less.

Comment

Man, at the end of the day, endorsers will not sell guitars to everyone...how the guitars sound, feel, and play will. I listen mainly to guys who use Gibsons, post on the Jackson/Charvel board, but my next guitar will be a PRS or a Hamer. And Only God Knows Why is still an awesome song.

Comment

As I remeber from econ, if Demand goes up and that demand can be met then prices should stay the same or even decrease.

As far as Jackson in the mainstream, I'm not liniting my focus on increasing USA sales. I think sales for the whole line (import & U.S.) will increase. I also think that Jackson knows this will happen if they get the brand in the mainstream, and have likely planned for this senario.

I do have to agree with Xeno on the image of who plays Jackson guitars. I think the fourteen year olds that we are refering to, do not really know that Jackson's used to be played by the "Hair Bands" of the '80s. But let's face it, if Jackson stays in the shadow, sales will suffer and more shops will avoid carrying the brand.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

If you want to keep Jackson a cult following, then when the 30+ useres get to be mostly 40+ and 50+, there will be no more Jackson guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                              Sully, Extreme Metal IS a wide variety... I fit most non-commercial metal into this category... everything from Progressive, Technical, Brutal, Melodic, and even Folk metal into this category, and also mean demographically. When most kids into metal think of Jackson, they don't remember the glam bands that played them over a decade ago, they think of all the current artists that do.

Hammer1, I'm all for Jackson getting MORE exposure than they currently have, but I also don't want them associated with music that I don't particularly like, or especially despise. How is that a bad or wrong thing?

Personally, I'd rather NOT have Jackson become the newest "trend".

Exposure just for the sake of exposure is pointless. Maybe you feel that Jackson needs to be back in the commercial mainstream, but I'd prefer them not to be. I like the quality they're building now, and the prices they're charging. Put a huge demand on USA guitars (like in the category of Gibson, PRS or Fender) and you'll see the prices increase accordingly. You really want to pay more because all the little rich pop kids are fighting over which mommie and daddie gets the shiny Jackson in the guitar shop window for them?

If you don't mind, maybe you should be playing PRS, ESP or Gibson and be paying more for less.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Again, ditto.

Nick

Comment

First there was the "Pre-Pro"

Then came the "Pre-Fender"

Next to come the "Pre-Mainstream"

Hahahahaha!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Working...
                                X