Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OH HELL FUCKING YES!

Originally posted by jsullysix:
    with all due respect, how high are you? amic was running jackson into the ground, and wanted nothing more than to get rid of it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Believe it or not, Jackson doing well and AMIC trying to run them into the ground aren't mutually exclusive. It's my understanding that AMIC was raping and pillaging Jackson's profits to keep Akai from going bankrupt. Jackson, to my knowledge, never had any sales problems, and was never close to the edge financially as its own company. It was the profit pillaging that was doing the damage.

yes, they have been mass producing guitars, as does any guitar manufacturer that puts out as many as they do in a month. the custom shop turnaround time is fractions of what it used to be, and they turn out about 20-25 guitars a month. [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wonder what most people think 'mass production' is. Jackson's custom shops ARE mass produced. They work on what is essentially an assembly line process. CNC machines are used throughout to speed up work. It's basically the same process they use for the imports. Really, the only difference is that the USA built guitars have higher quality components. Every company builds like this now. From Fender and Gibson to Hamer and Carvin. Mass produced does not equal lower quality. CNC machines don't have a "Make Crappy" button. It's the quality of components and the intent of the manufacturer that determines whether a product is good or not.

Think about it. How many smoldering crapheaps on eBay were built by one guy in his garage? If low production always meant quality, they'd be the best guitars going. If high production always means shit quality, Carvin would be the worst guitars in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      CNC machines don't have a "Make Crappy" button.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree. CNC does not mean low quality. Unless of course you ask Ed Roman, but I'll save that rant for another thread. PRS uses CNC's and they cost way more Jacksons. So you see, it don't make a damn bit of difference!

Play Jacksons because you love them. If they go mainstream, still play them becasue you love them. If Culture Club comes back for a reunion and endorses Jackson, Still play them because you love them.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I typically associated Jackson with great guitar players back in the 80's and not so much with the genre of music they were mainly being utilized to create. There were a ton of great guitar players back then, it just so happens that alot of them were in bands that were classified as "hair metal". When I think of Jackson now, I still think of all the great musicians who used them in the past, and the great musicians who use them today.

I also have a mass produced PRS CU24 and think that the quality is awesome.

Comment

If Culture Club endorsed Jacksons, I think it'd be even more of a reason to play them [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
              If you want to keep Jackson a cult following, then when the 30+ useres get to be mostly 40+ and 50+, there will be no more Jackson guitars.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummmm...

Originally posted by xenophobe:

I have a poll going on my board, which is not very friendly to "nu metallers" and DOES have a wide cross section of extreme metalheads, mostly aging from 14-20, with over 100 votes. See the results yourself.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=54710
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
              X