Guitar Shipping Boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Shipping Boxes?

Where is the best place to buy Shipping boxes for guitars with Cases? Thanks-Jack.

Re: Guitar Shipping Boxes?

Don't buy them! I just got two this week from a local guitar store. Either ask someone or go look through their trash. Guitar stores always have boxes, which they're pretty happy to give to you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brian

Comment

Try the cardboard dumpster at your local Guitar Center or just ask one of the salesmen inside. The local GC here in Jersey is where I get mine. The Ibeenhad (Hoshino) boxes are pretty good for Jackson cases.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I will try that. Man, I had so many at one time lying around, but friends asked me for some and now POOF, they are gone [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007:
          Don't buy them! I just got two this week from a local guitar store. Either ask someone or go look through their trash. Guitar stores always have boxes, which they're pretty happy to give to you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brian
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brian,
          What store are you going to? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] The big local store (you know, the one that rhymes with "enter-ville") always blows me off when I ask for boxes. I think he knows I do the ebay thing now & then, and he thinks it may be hurting his sales in some way.

Ya gotta stop over & check out my SLATQ! Did you sell your PC1? OK...enough questions.
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Bicycle shops are another great source for free, large cardboard boxes.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Doug,
              What's up? I had the same problem at Centerville Music before so I don't ask them any more. I get my boxes at Absolute Music in Fairborn. They're really nice about it, and the worker even helped me carry one to my car! Just yell if you ever need one and I'll grab one for ya.
              Yeah, I need to come over sometime soon and check out your SLAT. Yep, Econ bought my PC1 from me.

Brian

Comment

I've never had problems at Guitar Center, but I don't even bother to ask anymore--I just rifle through their cardboard recycling bin. Funny thing is, I've gone to the bin when there were several people searching for usable boxes--and not necessarily to ship music gear. Nothing like three or four people standing around a bin scavenging for cardboard!

GC tends to have lots of Ibanez boxes--and yes, they work great for shipping regular-sized electric guitar cases. For an oversized Rhoads/Kelly case, you'd probably want to get an acoustic guitar shipping box. Those tend to be a little more difficult to get.

Comment

Nope, it's not safe at all! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I second the bicycle boxes. 20" BMX bike boxes are perfect for a guitar, and they are VERY heavy duty.

Comment

Is it actually safe to buy guitar over the internet? Guitars aren't cheap, so I would be very worried about my guitar (comming home in 2, maybe 3 pieces [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] )

Comment

Working...
                      X