APC pickups: Do they really exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC pickups: Do they really exist?

How are people buying these things? I dug up a single page from Google, but it wasnt in English, but it listed the models. Did this company go out of business? I treid years ago to find some info about them but found a rudimentary webpage with other references to the pickups themselves Lace, Adder Plus, Inter-Phase. etc. I tried emailing the guy but the links were down and there was no list of retailers to buy them from.

If he is in business still I'd like to know his secret to how he can make money without marketing or being able to be contacted to sell pickups.

Re: APC pickups: Do they really exist?

You should talk with Number Of The Priest about APC pickups.
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, man... DREAMLAND_REBEL is the man to talk to. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Try a search here on the JCF... there's a webpage mentioned several times. It's not great info though. The JCFers' posts ARE great info though, especially the translations from Swedish to English that Sunbane provides for us English-speaking folk.

Apparently Mel Lace (the dude who came up with Lace Sensor pickups) doesn't answer e-mail. The phone number is listed in some of the JCF posts. You'll apparently have to talk to him direct, and pay via a money order. JCFer MichaelMadeja lives near Mel, apparently. I'm half-waiting for Mike to give us a full review and stuff, although I'm almost impatient enough to go for them myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Any idea on pricing for these pickups. I don't even remember seeing prices on that site 3 years ago. I was considering the Persuader Lead.

Comment

Maybe 80% of topics regarding APC on JCF are useless though.... by me and Number Of The Priest.
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm considering the Persuader Lead as well. Apparently the Persuader Lead Custom is SUPER-bassy, so I'll just stick with the regular Persuader Lead.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] dinkyjacksonman. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sooooo true. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] SweetPete gave a really good review of the pickups a little while ago... that was probably the first time I had heard of APC. Then Dreamland_Rebel made APC part of my vocabulary with his frequent recommendations. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for pricing, I forget about the "realistic" prices although they are definitely discussed in other threads, but the "ideal" prices I definitely remember as $70-$80... good luck bringing the price down to that though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Perhaps if you order like ten pickups maybe, then you can get each at that price. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

More info: Dreamland_Rebel waited approximately four months for his pickups. That's plenty of time for me to learn how to solder the damn things while I wait for them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok I searched the threads and found the one with the webpage. Low and behold it's the same one I saw 3 years ago (dead links and all STILL!). The funny thing is you can't even pull this web site from Google searching for APC or Adder Plus corporation, APC pickups etc.

I also saw on the thread that this guy wants from between $95-$134 per pickup? (You guys were joking about that right?) These things better be the Holy Graille for that price. I picked up an new EMG 81/81 set for less than $95...

Comment

Apparently they blow away EMGs, and I'm sort of an EMG-fan who is looking for a passive version of the EMG-85. The APC Persuader Lead is supposedly a passive version of that on steriods, as said by Dreamland_Rebel. Lemme do a search for you...

Comment

Website with phone number:

http://adderplus.com/services.htm

And click here for a great thread which includes Sunbane's translations of the more detailed descriptions of the individual pickups.

And doing that search for APC, it really is true and dinkyjacksonman and I were responsible for quite a large portion of them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP, thanks I did call the number I found on that non-English site before I posted this tonight. But it sounded like a guy with an old tape driven answering machine. I think I will have to call him on Monday during normal business hours and let him know there is a thing called the internet now and that the year is 2004, not 1984. lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

And this has to do with General Jackson/Charvel Talk how??
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        And this has to do with General Jackson/Charvel Talk how??

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Buy APC! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          got one for my brother's guitar for X-mas - never heard so much clarity, tone, or sustain from a basswood guitar before. simply amazing!

oh and good luck trying to get Mel up on the net. he's one of those aloof, stubourn old guys that knows one thing and one thing real well, and that's engineering. he don't care much for trying to learn anything else. hell, i was trying to bust his balls about getting a credit card machine, hehheh.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well ****. I think I may need to throw down for an APC. I'll call on monday.

Comment

Dreamland Rebel how much do they cost? Why is everything so cryptic about this company. I feel like I am at the dentist with all this teeth pulling.

Comment

Working...
                              X