Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson's volume knob placement (yet again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson\'s volume knob placement (yet again)

That thought has also occurred to me, but I don't have the tools nescessary to work with metal. Let me know how it works out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I never noticed that about the DK1s!! You're right!

DK1:

It does look a little bit lower than the SL2H:

And the SL1, which is like my Shannon Soloist:

Comment

I've probably done only 2 volume swells in 16 yrs. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The knob is definitely in the way. My pinky frequently hits it and turns it down. I wish there was a way to lock it at full volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
          I wish there was a way to lock it at full volume.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Marty from Hangar 18 uses black electrical tape to lock his that way. He also tapes the toggle on his KE2. Ugly close up, but functional!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That must've been the inspiration for the tape on your shotgun Soloist. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

On my DKMG, the volume knob is in the way, too. I don't do volume swells and have problems sometimes because of touching it unwillingly. Perhaps one could solve this problem by using a pot which is harder to turn, but I have no idea where to get one...

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                Wow, I never noticed that about the DK1s!! You're right!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that's one of the things I noticed right away when they came out. I figured a lot of other people would have noticed it, too.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've always felt the volume knob placement is perfect on my San Dimas Charvels & Jacksons!! I don't feel that it's "in the damn way" at all!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Low-profile knobs are a very good idea indeed. And Cliff Burton DID use a pedal for swells at the beginning of Damage Inc.-a Morley Power Wah/Boost. I do swells and stuff like that not to get a cleaner tone (well, sometimes), but mostly for texture-the first time I did it in a song was for Pardon Me by Incubus, and I'm into a lot of new wave guys that do them too.

Comment

Just get a newer DK1... I noticed the volume knob is farther away than on a Soloist or other Dinky. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My DK-1s knob is perfect. As is the switch. I didn't notice the difference until it arrived and I loved it. My SL-1s knob is in the way but I seem to adapt ok, although sometimes I find myself hitting it. Oh yeah, the blade switch on the SL-1 sux. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm thinking of just pulling the volume pot, and putting one that clicks, on/off... hehe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't do volume swells, and a flutter switch would be cool. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I need free space below the bridge pickup for my pinky and stuff. Especially when palm muting single note runs!

One of my favourite guitars in that area is my black 1987 Soloist. The knobs on that guitar are placed just right! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

/Henrik
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah, I think the knobs are in the way. I'm always hitting the volume and turning it down. That's one of the reasons I like my Ibanez PGM's and one of the reasons I bought the GMW "Jake". The knobs on those things are way out of the way and I can get to them just fine when I need to.

Jason

Comment

Nice photo as well, Jackson1!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X