Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson's volume knob placement (yet again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson\'s volume knob placement (yet again)

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER:
    I've always felt the volume knob placement is perfect on my San Dimas Charvels & Jacksons!! I don't feel that it's "in the damn way" at all!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. I really like the standard San Dimas Jackson knob placement myself.

Comment

It's me again with the camera! Thanks Priest! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I love that guitar - now i'm off topic, i don't care LOL - i love it!

(I am a bit over the edge tonight he he, dunno why...) Hot damn!

/Henrik
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I don't do swells too much any more but I do use the vol. knob to back off some of the p/u signal for a lttle cleaner sound during the song and then open it up for the solo giving it a hotter and more dominate sound. I try to incorporate it for dynamics. I noticed the volume knob affects the color of the tone in my SL2H.I have considered getting a volume pedal so I can have the full hot p/u tone at a lower volume and be able to crank it for soloing.
        I have no problem with the placement I like to be able to roll it with my pinky.I had a harder time getting use to the floating floyd!

Comment

Count me as a vote in favor of the close Jackson volume knob location. I do volume swells occasionally, and used to do 'em a ton before I got a noisegate and EMGs (not really swells, just spinning it to zero before feedback or other unwanted noise can occur). I never wanted or needed a volume pedal.

Comment

HATE it [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
            i move all mine to the last spot,like this [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
            X