Rhoads balance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rhoads balance question

And don't forget, Matt... The volume knob is poorly placed, too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have an RR1 and a Rhoads Pro and they both balance very well. Very comfortable guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks:

I guess I'll just start posting threads about my soloist that doesn't balance right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, that's the ticket! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

AFAIC, the type of strap used has nothing to do with a guitar's balance. If the balance is off, it is off. Period. To change that, you will have to move the strap pins around. All a wide leather strap does is compensate for the imbalance by providing more friction against your shirt.

And even if the strap helps with that somewhat, a neck heavy guitar is still going to have balance issues - since it will want to pivot around the front strap pin, instead of just staying put.

Comment

You're right, Sunbane.

Allow me to rephrase:
            Yes, the RR1 is (to me) a tiny bit neck heavy. For me personally, using a wide leather strap will equalize this 100%, making the "package" perfecty balanced.

Unless i smeared vaseline on my naked body prior to wearing my Rhoads.. NAKED! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

/Henrik
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by nonamemx:
              Just get a LEATHER strap and you'll have no problems.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In fact, I found a snakeskin leather strap that works perfect with straplocks.... Feels good and Looks good. Perfect Balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                Bolt-on RR's are nosedivers. As for critical voices regarding the neck-thru ones; If I remember correctly, AlexL said that he didn't like the way the RR1 balanced, but that the RR1T and RR5 balanced fine. But that's the only one I can recall at the moment.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, that's exactly right. I'm a nylon-strap kind of guy, so my strap doesn't help hold the guitar in position. I didn't like the way my RR1 balanced (nose heavy), and so I traded it for an RR1T, which balances great. My RR5 is even more perfectly balanced than my RR1T.

And that's the way it is (for me).

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

So... RR1 balances better than RR3? I was in the shop, testing RR3, and it was extremely hard to balanced it - it nosedived! What about RR1? Is it true, neck-thru guitars nosedive less than bolt-on guitars [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ?

Comment

I hope RR1 doesn't dosedives, otherwise I'll have to buy something else [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Every Neck-Thru Rhoads I´ve ever played was perfectly balanced, and the Bolt-ons weren´t that much worse [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh great than!

Comment

Working...
                        X