Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What company makes Jackson/Charvel cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What company makes Jackson/Charvel cases?

You know, those rectangular molded cases that have the Jackson/Charvel emblem on them... like this one...

I've always been curious as to what company makes them. Somebody I know just bought a Fender Strat that has a similar case minus the Jackson/Charvel emblem. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Re: What company makes Jackson/Charvel cases?

I think SKB makes them.

Comment

Yes, SKB makes the cases specifically for Jackson. SKB also makes rack cases to gun cases, and have recently introduced a line of over/under shotguns.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That's interesting Xeno, because right after Jim posted his response, I cruised over to the SKBcases.com website and saw this and it reminded me of something a rifle would go into. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.skbcases.com/product/musi...s/skb-r44.html

Thanks for the responses guys. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, I wish they made a case that fit my SLSMG a little better. I have 4 different SKB's and a Jackson chainsaw case and none of them fit properly. They are looses around the body and the headstock hits the end of the case. Thinking of going custom on this one. It's worth it too [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

I'm looking on the Jackson price list and there's case model "006-0703-000 JCC922 Molded Case DK27, SLS, SC4, JX10, DX6". The DK27 is a longer-scale Dinky, the SC4 has a weird shape, and the SLS/JX10/DX6 have the 3x3 headstock which is longer than the normal drooped pointy Jackson headstock. I wonder if the SLS includes the SLSMG. The SLSMG is wafer-thin like the Ibanez Saber/S/Satriani Series, is it not? My best guess is that this particular case is a general hardshell case that fits any of these body/headstock shapes. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
              I'm looking on the Jackson price list and there's case model "006-0703-000 JCC922 Molded Case
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I got that case for my JJP, and it fits fine. My Dinky HX also fits fine in it, and there's plenty of room for the headstock not to touch the end. It doesn't have the J/C logo on it... just has Jackson in big letters engraved in it. I'll take some pics later on.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                I'll take some pics later on.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[jackass] Oh noooooooo... get ready to laugh. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [/jackass]

Comment

i love the chainsaw cases [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  are they from skb too?
                  someone got one over?
                  or one of the butterflys at least?
                  andy

Comment

Hey Toejam, no sweat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] As you can see in my second and third pictures above, I didn't even bother to capture all of the case in the viewfinder, and I took the pictures in my dim basement, and with a flash for the first and second pictures which I don't normally do. Sometimes you just can't be bothered. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

so where do ya get a custom case made? i want a chainsaw case for my lefty charvel

Comment

Ive come across a independent case company called angstrom cases. I originally bought my 14 Space Shock Rack from them. He is based out of Canada, and i thought he had decent prices. IM sure he could make a custom case for your axes, just tell him the model, and if you have anycustom body work done on it. . and it should be fine. . .

http://stores.ebay.com/Angstrom-Cases

Comment

Okay, here's some quick pics. The Dinky fits perfect, the JJP has a little bit of room due to its small body, but it doesn't move around. These were the best pics I got, as it's hard to show black on black. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by model1:
                            i love the chainsaw cases [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            are they from skb too?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no idea who made the chainsaw cases. They haven't made those in over a decade.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Toejam, did you get that face decal from GGstickers? I have the same one on my acoustic pickguard!

Comment

Working...
                              X