No announcement yet.

Does everyone have to wait this long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does everyone have to wait this long?

The point was that you didn't want to support the large mail order houses.
    Did you know GC and Musicians Friend are one and the same?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The point was that you didn't want to support the large mail order houses.
      Did you know GC and Musicians Friend are one and the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that, from talking to one of the salesman at GC, each GC has a rating, something like A,B, or C. Their rating, which comes from sales, determines the products that are shipped to them. Ever been to a large store that just had a crappy inventory of lower end guitars? I have, adn the reason for that is because nobody buys what they get. All I'm saying is the more they sell, the more they get. When people show an interest for better, more expensive products, they will get them. Purchasing from your "local" store, GC or whatever it may be helps them and their inventory and in the end the customer.
      Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

I called GC again since my guitar should have been there by now. GC originally said it would be there NLT the 15th. I called my salesman and he said he would call Fender and find out what the deal was and call me back. My salesman called me back and said he couldn't get ahold of anybody there. I asked for their number and my purchase order number and called Fender. I was easily able to get info on the date shipped, arrival date and my UPS tracking number. WTF? My guitar should be there on the 20th. 3 1/2 weeks after I told GC I wanted it. What a PITA!
        Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

buy from where ever you get the best deal. If little guys want to compete, learn the game and run your business accordingly. I hate hearing people whine about this shiot and corporate America killing off the small guy. If they can't adjust their business practices to compete in the marketplace they really shouldn't have been in business in the first place. You can't have one business plan and stick to it till the end of time. Times change, customers needs change, the market changes... if you can't adapt then die. Only the strong survive. I will support mom and pop shops and do, if I get a good deal I buy from them, if not I'll go where ever I can get the same product at a better price. Granted if its 20 bucks I'd give it to the little guy but if I ask a price of the guitar and the say its on the tag and the tag ins MSRP you think I was born yesterday...see ya [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Kinda off the subject, but it's funny hearing people refer to me as a "mom and pop shop". I know I fall into that category even though I'm not a mom, or a pop for that matter. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Matt is a King.
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well... I've been called a lot of names, never a King though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Am I the only one cracking up because he's complaining about a 3 & 1/2 week wait? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] ...I guess he'd never have the patience to wait for special ordering a USA production, or - worse! - custom shop guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

3 and half week gettig the guitar from Japan?
                    That is the only thing I could think of.
                    Yea, I have heard many stories about peopel waiting to get their select series guitars for months.
                    3 and 1/2 week is nothing compares to it.

Yea, it was probably a bad idea to order one at GC.
                    Matt would have told you exact estimate how long it would take when you order one.
                    That is why I call him as king.

Comment

I've been waiting since February for my Charvel San Dimas Standard to come in. So boo-flippin'-hoo!!!
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky, I know. I have read the thread you guys waiting for the Charvel.
                        What standard did you order?

Comment

There's no separation of the Standard. They're more-or-less all custom jobs. For mine, I ordered a single-hum (Duncan Distortion), top-mounted Floyd, with a maple fretboard. A doppleganger for Vai's Crossroads Charvel.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

COOL!
                            I always loved that guitar in the video.
                            That one has 2hums, right?

Comment

It has 2 hums? I thought it was one.. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Are you talking about that Metalic Red Strat body with Pointy head in Black?
                                If so, I believe it had 2hums.

Comment

Working...
                                X