Does everyone have to wait this long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does everyone have to wait this long?

Geesh, I've been waiting almost 3 wks. for my DKMGTFF to arrive at my nearest GC from Jackson. Salesman told me it was in stock and Jackson said the arrival date should be between the 10th and 15th of this month. Whelp, now is the 14th and no call from GC. Does it always take this long?
    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Re: Does everyone have to wait this long?

It's GC. There's lots of reasons people around here don't like Guitar Center, and that's one of them.

If you haven't put any money on it, email the three JCF Jackson dealers - Matt's Music, Easton Guitars, and VWall guitars and see if they have it in stock.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've already paid in full.
      Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

Comment

You should have checked one of the JCF dealers.
        I thought one of them have one in stock.
        Plus when you buy from them, you don't need to pay tax and Matt's offers free shipping I think..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You should have checked one of the JCF dealers.
          I thought one of them have one in stock.
          Plus when you buy from them, you don't need to pay tax and Matt's offers free shipping I think..

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, there were no prices listed for the DKMGTFF or they didn't have it in stock. Besides, I didn't pay shipping through GC and they've always been good to me up there. (up unitl now) I know music stores suck sometimes but it is a good idea to support your local music store sometimes instead of the mail order guys getting all the business.

Comment

That's so true.
            About pricing, you can always contact them by e-mail and get your price.
            It onlt takes a single e-mail to find out.
            So that's for the nexk time.

Good luck!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              That's so true.
              About pricing, you can always contact them by e-mail and get your price.
              It onlt takes a single e-mail to find out.
              So that's for the nexk time.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a price posted for what your selling just seems shady to me. "Call for details", WTF?

Comment

My local dealer just moved into a smaller place in a part of town that is drying up (from a part of town that wasn't really doing so hot either, but it was doing better than the area he moved to), so I expect him to be out completely in a few years.
                I'd support the guy if he'd compete more, but being the only store in town, he competes with the stores in the surrounding towns, who generally have a wider selection and higher prices. Basically these guys want MSRP on everything, and think cutting $50 off a $1000 guitar is cutting the customer a deal. I go where I spend less and get more. If that means I don't have a local dealer, boo hoo hoo, but the guy shoulda tried harder.

He's had stuff that he coulda got some nice money for on Ebay, IF he had listed them! Instead he hung onto them until he finally had to cut his own throat just to get rid of them, or they were finally beat to death as displays.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Not having a price posted for what your selling just seems shady to me. "Call for details", WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should read the rules of onliune pricing.
                  They are not allowed to list sales price.
                  And again, probably you did the same thing when you ordered your guitar at your local store, only you have to do is ask and get your best deal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's often the manufacturer's fault. Guitar companies will often not allow dealers to advertise their true prices. Jackson has a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) requirement. Since many dealers sell the guitars at prices lower than MAP, they put a "Call for Price" instead since that's the only way they can give you their price without getting in trouble with Jackson.

If that makes any sense at all.

Comment

"...it is a good idea to support your local music store sometimes instead of the mail order guys getting all the business."

So, guess what? You did just that by purchasing from GC. You want to support the local store, go find the Mom and Pop that really could use your business. VWall, Matts, and Eastons pretty well fit that bill.

Comment

Damn Chuck, you beat me to it. GC is only "local" in the sense that practically every town has one.

Well, I gotta run...time to support my "local" Wal-Mart...

Comment

I guess GC employees don't have to pay their bills like the mom and pop store employees do huh? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I guess GC employees don't have to pay their bills like the mom and pop store employees do huh? [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about people like you dude. I think that folks here are just pointing out that GC isn't really a local business - I'd say that any store that has regional vice presidents no longer constitutes a local business.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No "mom and pop" Jackson dealers that I knew of in my area at the time. I know GC is a large company but so was Mars, and look what happened to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X