siamise double necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siamise double necks?

does the custom shop still do those and have they ever/ will they do a 4 and 5 bass?i would love to have a 4 and 5 or a 4 and 8 double neck like that. i know i'd have to rob a bank but it'd be worth [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] it!
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Re: siamise double necks?

I'm pretty sure the custom shop will do anything you can dream up, as long as it isn't a gibby shape or some other trademarked body style. However, I don't think the headstocks on the doublenecks connect anymore, like the siamese ones did.
    I have no idea about your bass question, though.

Brian

Comment

I don't think the custom shop will do siamese headstocks anymore. For no other reason then the necks 'cure' differently and each move in different directions, and the (paint) joint inevitably cracks. Sometimes the actual wood joints crack as well. Finding a doubleneck siamese is quite rare. Finding one that isn't cracked is even rarer. Although, for arguments sake, they stopped making Kellys with the cutouts in 1984 for finishing/quality reasons, but you can still get one custom made, today. By that reasoning, you may still be able to get one. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop:
        I don't think the custom shop will do siamese headstocks anymore.... you may still be able to get one.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, make up your mind, bub! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Speak of the devil! Here is a siamese with a cracked headstock joint.

Jeff Healy double neck
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Here's another siamese doubleneck that's for sale:
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
            X