Fong

Comment

Re: NEW VAN HALEN SONG ! ! !

A little present for our Doc Dryer. Ala RacerX

Doc Dryer's Present

Fong [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm grabbing it now. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I heard the song the other day, but the quality was really low.

Alright, listening.

The guitar tone fucking rules. It sounds super dry. Not even any reverb. A lot of people were talking about it being over-effected... nah, it's not. The only chorus is natural chorus from three or four tracks of guitar.

Hagar sounds really good. The vocals are mixed a bit lower than past Van Hagar songs, and his voice fits in quite well.

Bass and drums are standard VH fare. Nothing new to see here. Move on.

The song overall... I like it. It's not the usual whiny-ass Van Hagar stuff. It's not the overblown Van Roth "LOOK AT ME!" stuff. It's... the perfect balance of the two? Yeah, I like it. I'm looking forward to the album now, where two days ago I didn't give a damn. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cham: Except that the one in the other thread is a shit quality streaming version. This is a lovely 192k version. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] MUCH better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            Cham: Except that the one in the other thread is a shit quality streaming version. This is a lovely 192k version. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] MUCH better quality.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] this one for myself [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, i must admit the version is a lot better than the last one, and we can now hear the "brown" in EVH's tone.

Fong

Comment

I heard this several days ago... typical Van Halen... Not bad at all, but nothing new. Keeping to their tried and true sound really.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Eh. More corporate image music. These guys can do so much better IMHO [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] .

Comment

More corporate image music.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do what? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

This is typical, old school VH, I like it, but it's just Eddie and the boys.

Pat

Comment

I'm convinvd that EVH is the most fucked individual ever. If he changes, people complain. If he stays the same, people complain. I'm sorry, I thought VHIII was good BECAUSE it wasn't typical EVH. I think this is a good song because it IS typical EVH. Who cares if it sounds like something else? The question is... is it good? In this case, I have to say it is.

Comment

I agree with Black,I loved Diver Down why....because it was Eddie playing outside of the box,not the same old songs, over and over.Nice avatar Doc [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

It's OK...which is the point. We all know what they are capable of. Anyway, I'm hoping for some better stuff. Peace.

Comment

I heard it on the radio today. Not in its entirety but as soon as I heard it I knew it was Van HAlen. Even with the heavier tone of Eddies guitar. Much more bottom end than usual for him and more gain too. Its like NU Metal meats Van Halen Sounded like it was d tuned too.
                          I like it what i heard of it anyway. Cant wait for the album to hit.
                          Still need tix for the show too. Im suckin bad right now. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                          Gil

Comment

Is that a Charvel I hear on there? [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Fong and RacerX...

BL0W ME !!!!

...it will be a COLD DAY in HELL before EITHER of you CLOWNS get a BROKEN STRING out of Denver - LET ALONE work or equipment...

You have BOTH just made the NATIONAL OBNO LIST...

Comment

Working...
                              X