Palm Muting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Palm Muting

Hotter than a 500 t? IMO a 500t is about as hot as you need in a mahogony guitar.Going hotter tends to muddy up a Les Paul for example.Now a V may be different.
    As far as palm muting and getting "good tone"is mostly tecnique.But I found using a Gibson 300k pot on the tone control of a 500t equipped explorer(korina)the palm muted tone was very clean even at high volume.IMO high output pickups rob tone from a mahogony or korina bodied guitar.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Lets start over [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Basically, how well does a Jackson palm mute hahah.
      For instance on a strat its not really all that great ya know? I am just curious about it. Cuz I stopped and thought about it and really no one that plays a Jackson that I know of has a nice smooth palm muting. IE Anthrax. So that is what I was most curious about.

No problems with technique. I've been playing long enough to know how to do things and then do them to my liking.

Yeah thats how I had Wulfe make my pup. I wanted all of the qualities of the 500-T but it just didnt have that kick in the ass quality to it and I feel the highs were kinda harsh. So I had him make me one and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
        Lets start over [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Basically, how well does a Jackson palm mute hahah.
        For instance on a strat its not really all that great ya know? I am just curious about it. Cuz I stopped and thought about it and really no one that plays a Jackson that I know of has a nice smooth palm muting. IE Anthrax. So that is what I was most curious about.

No problems with technique. I've been playing long enough to know how to do things and then do them to my liking.

Yeah thats how I had Wulfe make my pup. I wanted all of the qualities of the 500-T but it just didnt have that kick in the ass quality to it and I feel the highs were kinda harsh. So I had him make me one and I love it.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, Lets start over again. You have named the bands or players with not so "perfect" palm muting tone. Kindly name those IYHO "perfect" palm muting tone and we can work from there.

Fong

Comment

Here's a simple answer: Your Jackson will do palm muting very very well. Stop worrying. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From reading all this, I will tell you this. Back in the day, I had a '85 Gibson Explorer with an ebony board and the original "dirty fingers" p-ups. Later I got an 89 KV and, all other things equal, I liked the palm-mute sound and "attack" I got out of the KV alot better, even with the stock Jackson p-ups that came with it. Gibson got sold soon after.

However, the other guitar player in my band at the time still claims that he liked the Gibson better for rythm playing - But he has '88 RR custom that he will never, ever sell and has he never mentioned buying an Explorer himself - go figure.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Here's a simple answer: Your Jackson will do palm muting very very well. Stop worrying. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">THANK YOU!!

Comment

Just like Number of the Priest said, you CAN palm mute on any guitar, even an acoustic. There's no issue of "how well does this guitar palm mute VS this guitar". The strings and guitar are just THERE on any guitar--it's up to YOU to palm mute correctly.

Again, what you are concerned with, is the texture of the sound coming out of your speakers when you palm mute on this specific guitar. You already know you can palm mute on any guitar, just some guitars don't give you the palm muted sound you want to hear.

But, hey, sure, let's give you the easy and meaningless non-answer to that question...that Jackson will palm mute like a mutha, dude! Just like Number of the Priest's acoustics...that Jackson's right up there with the best of em! Get ready--you are gonna have one awesome axe, full of palm-muting goodness, dude! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Stu

Comment

Yeah thats the question. Not IF you can, but how it sounds.

Some guitars just dont sound all that good when you use fast palm muted playing. Regardless of strings and pickups. I've played my friends KE2 and I like it alot. Very good sound. But my Rhoads will be made of Korina and have a string thru bridge, and that will alter the sound somewhat. Yeah amps usually always play a factor but alot of the Jackson players that I've heard, the palm muting is just bad. I was concerned if it was the guitars or those players preferences.
                  I'm just picky as all hell.

I'd be more than happy to send any of ya a clip of me playing so ya can understand where I'm comin from.

I'm always on AIM. Names Iced In Flames

Comment

Working...
                  X