Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main Axe ?

[ QUOTE ]
    umm...as much as love my strat heads this axe has become my main player recently...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo...What is that? A fusion? Is the graphic factory, or aftermarket?

Some killer axes in this thread !! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Interesting to see that many of you guys do have 1 particular favorite. I'm still trying to answer the 'if you can keep only one...' question...Hmm...I'd hate to give up my LP, she's been w/ me since 10th grade! But I rarely play her...Hmmmm... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Comment

No way I could keep one I need them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously I want a Les Paul so bad but I can't part with anything to get the cash, oh and I want a late 70's strat and........I am a sick man

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        This is damn near an impossible question to answer. All of my guitars have some special quality. I guess if you held a gun to my head, I'd have to pick the guitar that would cover all the tonal spectrums.

[/ QUOTE ]
        I used to have the same guitar.
        Historic 68 Authentic.
        I still miss her..
        [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Here we go with a pic of my family.

I try to keep them all in heavy rotation so no one feels left out. I find that I tend to play the 650xl for a little longer at a time than the others. It is just such a badass guitar, tonewise and feel. I just got the Hamer Artist a couple of weeks ago so I'm playing that a lot, too. Third would probably be the 750xl, I go back and forth between liking and disliking the EMG 89s that are in there. 4th would go to the Hamer Mirage. It's got a little more of a Stratty twang to it so I go for it when I'm in a certain mood. 5th would be the Hamer Diablo. It is a great guitar but I just don't like the JB that is in the bridge. The 59 in the neck is better, but I feel that the guitar needs a much more aggressive personality. It is called the Devil afterall. I've got a Distortion set just waiting for me to quit procrastinating and put in there. Last would be the Ibanez RG1527. It is a great 7 string and I can get some good tones out of the Custom/Jazz set I put in there. But that damn super thin neck is what keeps me from playing it more often. I've lately been contemplating selling it to fund a Carvin 7 string.

Comment

I think I'm moure like Kenn...my main player always changes...I'll play mainly one guitar for a month or so...then I'll be pickin up another and play that one exclusively...
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

That happens to me too, but I have tuned to 440 , one tuned to E Flat etc., so whatever fits the bill. Idon't have a guitar right now that sits in the case. I play them all, but I usually play one for a couple of weeks straight, then pick up another and go with that one.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I play the LP and the maroon star, sometimes the Anderson and sometimes the SG.

Comment

Here's the guitar I've played more than any other over the last 10 years. This is in the living room. I play it all the time. I take it outside when I watch the kids. It's been knoccked over in the street, the kids have beat on it, and I play the heck out of it.

As for electrics, it totally depends on my mood. The guitar I always seem to grab when I heading to jam or something is this Warmoth guitar. It has sustain for days, very warm sounding and can handle everything from blues to heavy rock.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Whoa, Nice Warmouth! I love natural finish strats with maple necks, what are those pickups?
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

This is kind of hard to answer. Of the 30 or so guitars I own...I love them all. Some for different reasons.
                      I really love my Charvels, but I 've been playing live with my band quite a bit the last couple of years, and this guitar does what I need it to do best with the band. Not to mention that it looks the coolest under stage lights.

Comment

I have a Carvin DC127 ('02), Jackson DK1 ('03) and a Gibson SG Standard ('04). My main axe is the DK1. It has the best neck among the 3.

Comment

This is my main player. Warmoth maple body and neck, paint by my buddy, assembled by me. It actually shreds and sounds great, plus it just sits out and is easy to get to.

Comment

I would also have to say my main axe changes all the time, i have about 30 guitars so they all get different play at different times. My latest is a 99 SG Special, the guitar just screams and has a great feel to it. Sorry i dont have a picture right now because AOHell is being stupid.....

Comment

I do the same as Kenn,I'll play one for awhile & then move on to another but my Flame-top & Grim Reaper stratheads get played the most(I'd be playing my HRF all the time but the frets are f'n gone!!)!!It would be impossible to pick just one guitar!! This week I've been playing my 85' Explorer & my Purple strathead!!

Comment

my favorite axe is my HRF parts mutt:

while it was at the paint shop i got used to playing my joe holmes reverse strathead jackson dinky from jacksondinkyman. i love that guitar!!

Comment

Working...
                                X