Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Axe ?

Hey guys,

Kinda bored on a Saturday night...so I thought I'd post ...Got a silly question for you guys w/ multiple guitars (All of us, I think !!). Now I know that we all have our favorite axes, but I'm wondering if you have 1, absolute 'main' player. The guitar you play, say, 90% of the time. I know that those of us in bands may have many instruments that they play for different tones or tunings, but that's not really what I'm talking about. All things equal, do you have 1 axe that is 'THE' one you grab regularly?

I ask this because I've seen a few posts recently about 'favorite' axes, so I asked myself this same question. I used to use 2 Ontario Bolt-ons as my 'Main' players when I was last in a band, but I would have to admit that I rarely played them at home (and actually sold them both this past year). I've found that I really don't have 1 main guitar, and my favorite changes all the time. I do tend to play one guitar for a particular time frame, say a month or so...But then it's back in the case, and I have a new favorite for awhile. Lately, my most played guitar is my '83 SD Checkerboard. For some reason, is sounds great though my Boogie, better than most of the others. But, to be honest, I've been playing a few guitars lately, here's a pic of the current 'rotation':

(Sorry for the crappy pic...I need a new camera !!)

So, if someone said to me that I could only keep one axe, I don't know that I could make that choice. What about you guys, could you, if forced to keep only one of your existing guitars, make that choice? If so, which one would it be? And while your at it, post a pic of your fav !!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Kenn

Re: Main Axe ?

I can definitely say the nuclear yellow Dinky I got from Brian (swillmaster) last summer is my all time fav guitar. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this axe but it's the sweetest playing guitar I've ever owned and it will NEVER be for sale! Many of my axes have collected dust or been sold since I got this one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Last couple of years, this GMW Dinky has been my main guitar and the Suhr Standard I sold Chuck was also my main until I sold it.
      I am expecting several guitars within a week or so but I think I am so attached with my GMW.
      This Dinky is the very best Dinky I could come up with after I owned over 30 Dinky shape guitars in last 15years and love everything about it.

Comment

If I could only keep one of my axes, it would have to be my Charvel model 3, which is kind of funny since it's living in the case in my parents house. My tiny college apartment doesn't have room for much, so I just brought my acoustic and Agile LP since the JT-6 doesn't take kindly to changing tunings. I'd definitely be pissed if I could only have one guitar, since I tune to E, Bb and lots of stuff in between and it never felt that great playing punk and poppier stuff on floyded axe, but that's all I want for anything heavy.

Comment

There is only 1 guitar that I have been playing for the past 10 months. Every other guitar I own has become a case queen. My guitar of choice is a 1983 Charvel SD strathead. All of the hype you hear and read about these guitars is true.

Brian

Comment

My white 1 hum strat mutt, I just love everything about that guitar, but I haven't put down my mdl. 2 in a month
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

My 1990 Soloist Pro! I love my Shannon but I never play it... that's why it's in the classifieds I guess...

Comment

I would have to say that my 750s have become my main axe(s).I do play the trem version more out of the two.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

umm...as much as love my strat heads this axe has become my main player recently...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

My 2001 SL2H is the nicest playing guitar I've ever owned and will never be for sale. I have one of Kenn's Ontario bolt ons (snakeskin strat) that is a real close second to my 83 SD Bengal. That is a sweet playing bolt on. but now I've got a GMW Jap bomber on the way so things may change! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I would have to say that my Schecter C1 Elite is my main player because it is the guitar I keep at work. As far as if I could only keep one guitar it would be a toss up between my SL1 and my LP Classic Premium Plus.

Comment

Difficult call, but either my GMW strat (Adrian Smith copy), my MusicMan Axis or my ESP Eclipe (just cos I've only just got it!)....I'll never sell my SD1 reissue though! It's odd cos I always thought of Jackson custom shops as my holy grail and I now have 4 but they're not my favourites (cool to look at though!!)
                        Cheers
                        Ian
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Recently I would have to say that my main player is actually my 57' Goldtop Reissue Les Paul...wierd!

Comment

Gibson guitars are great too.
                            I will be very careful with these.
                            I don't want to end up dumping my other guitars and become Gibson guy.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely my Daisy Rock Dreamy Daisy: It Shreds.

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X