Main Axe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main Axe ?

My Shannon is the only thing I've been playing for the past few months, which is why my other four guitars are for sale in the Classifieds. Well, really I've already sold my RG560, so that leaves one guitar pending payment and two more guitars still up for sale.

God, I love her. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Somebody buy my remaining guitars so I can possibly buy Wulfe13's Shannon in the Classifieds. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">Tough question [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I have my Shannon Soloist...which I dearly love and it gets a lot of playtime....but I always gravitate back to my Les Paul Custom [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

There is just something about it that I just can't put into words, other than magic [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

It is old, beaten, and modified, but it just PLAYS till the cows come home [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's the rest of the "family". It is kinda a blurry picture....but you get the idea.....they were watching Journey Live on the TV when this was taken [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

I don't have favorites;

all of mine play great, I do lean to strat shapes though

http://shawnlutz.com/myguitars.htm
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Did Toejam take that photo for you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Whatever happened to that SL1 of yours?

And is that an ashtray sitting on top of your 4x12? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Did Toejam take that photo for you? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Whatever happened to that SL1 of yours?

And is that an ashtray sitting on top of your 4x12? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow"> [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

NOTP...to answer your questions in order:

1. No, Toejam did NOT take that photo....I am solely responsible....besides, if Toejam came here, Krista would want to molest his "man-boobs" and then everything would be lost [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2. The SL-1 in the picture above was sold to a board member, SDavis80....I needed to raise funds for the "Big Red" and that had to go [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

3. Yes, that is a ashtray on top of the Randall 4X12 cabinet..... </font>

Comment

If I am plugging in, it is J0233:

If I am in the living room and just want to sit and play unplugged, it is JA0058

Comment

she is a custom dinky...25 1/2" scale...got her from charveljunkie (who bought her from a local store)...yes we believe the finish is factory (it sure looks it)...the trem cover plate has "custom made for gary phillips, august 7, 1989" engraved on it...the neck on it is, well...perfect [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]...her nickname is the "cursed jackson", have no idea what the graphic is supposed to be...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I have to go with 2
                  the first is a 83 strathead its nothing but a rock-n-roll machine

The next is a 85 strathead from diablomozart-Thanks-
                  Played a gig this weekend and out of 7 I take these two were the ones I played

Comment

I only have 2 right now, my RX10D and my RR5.

I like the RX10D because of the Floyd, and the RR5 because there ISN'T one. (make sense?).
                    Anyhow, if I could only keep one, it would be the RR5. I play it most and it rocks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Whoa, Nice Warmouth! I love natural finish strats with maple necks, what are those pickups?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the neck is a one piece rosewood neck:

The body is mahogany and surprisingly light. The pickups are Lace Chrome Domes which are basically the hot gold pickups in chrome covers.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Some AWESOME axes here in this thread!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Maybe one day I'll have a enough guitars to have a main axe... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I would have to go with my one of my GMW guitars for my main axe.

Comment

How do you like the neck now?
                            I thought you didn't dig the neck when you got it.
                            You said it was bit wider.

Comment

I guess I got used to it after a while. I had only played the 3 Jackson strats for about 10 years, and most of the other guitars saw little action. Now I try to rotate through a bit more. My GMW's go to every gig now. For the $, I don't think you can get a better guitar anywhere! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X