Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Regret?

Alright folks,
    We are seeing some killer axes in the "Main Axe" post.
    So, I thought it might be cool to see...

<font color="yellow"> The guitar you regret selling/trading the most. </font>

Here's mine.
    True San Dimas Jackson Strathead.
    Absolutely beautiful electric blue paint.
    All original.

Still kicking myself for letting her go.

Re: Biggest Regret?

Hot damn! Why did you sell her? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I regret selling almost every San Dimas Charvel I've ever parted with but the guitar that hurts the most was #RR0053,white Rhoads with gold hardware &amp;.....block inlays!!Arrgghh!!I'm gonna go run head first into the refrigerator now!!

Comment

Lessee...

1991 Phil Collen Pro
        PCS Rhoads #84
        Mustaine KV Pro
        Archtop Soloist J6147
        WRXT with USA block inlaid neck
        Warmoth Star with AT-1 neck
        White Warrior Pro ( [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Drake [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img])
        Winger bass
        Black Concert V bass (TWO of them, even)
        Deep Metallic Violet KV-3 (the chicks luvved it)
        Tie Dye Fusion (kinda)
        Color Dragon Dinky (kinda)
        Red Pearl Warrior Pro (kinda)
        Ultra-Modded DK-2 HRF (OFR, Duncans, neck hum, maple/maple neck)
        RoadRunner/Coyote Strat (C&amp;W Shredder - hardtail, one single, one knob, fins, matching head, bolt-on neck epoxied into the pocket [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
        J1419 SD Student Concert bass - humbucker and P-bass pickups. Damn, I wonder how a Distorion, Custom, or EMG 81 would rock in that thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        650XL - Played great. Wish it'd been white [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ones I DON'T really miss:
        Ash King V - it was "ok" for a while, but dots, natural Ash, string-through/TOM with no V-plate, hum-single...It just didn't say "Jackson" to me after a while. Maybe "Pointy Telecaster" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Coral Sea Soloist - Didn't like the neck profile.
        Roswell Rhoads - One hum wonders that are ok to look at but totally functionless IMO. The USA model sounded like a Dobro.
        Kellys (3 so far) - I just don't dig 'em. Maybe a King Kelly, but the Marty models I just don't dig a whole lot.
        LP Custom - Nice player, and I could live with the 'beat-to-sh1t' look, but it didn't really stand out to me.
        J0419 SD Soloist - Didn't quite care for the neck profile.
        USA SLS (older) - needed 24 frets, a bigger body, better flame top, and a Floyd.
        Snakeskin Fusion - this one's iffy - nice graphic, sweet player, just wasn't a "snake" guy.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Every Les Paul I've ever owned I regret losing.

1980 Standard wine red (my first REAL guitar)
          1990 Custom Limited Colours trans white
          1995 Standard black
          1981 Standard gold top (that one hurts the most out of the LP's)
          1980 LP Pro

But the guitar that hurt the most was my 1988 Custom King V
          that I ordered in 1987.

The good thing is that Joe C. owns it now (it's in good hands). I tracked it down last year and Joe and I will probably work out a buy back deal in the near future. It's also what brought me to the JCF.

Theres one with a happy ending!

Jim
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I have 3 regrets:
            <ul type="square">[*]1978 Fender Telecaster in Antigua finish - everyone that ever played this one said it was special. One day I was having problems with the neck pickup and being the fucktard that I was (I was 17) I traded it for a budget Ibanez Iceman (think crappy MIJ guitar in 1981 or so). It took years to find one but I did a while back - the power of the Internet!!![*]1968 Les Paul Deluxe - I bought this for $275 in 1982 from a guy just getting started buying/selling guitars (now he is huge and has a multi-page spread in Vintage Guitar). I wanted to replace this one but these days those guitars are going anywhere from 3k-6k or more. I bought a Gibson '54 Historic reissue instead which is probably a better guitar anyhow. I sold the '68 for $375 to buy the next guitar I wish I'd have hung on to...[*]1983/84 San Dimas Jackson Rhoads Custom - gold h/w, Kahler, Japanese Rising Sun finish (no lettering) - I want this guitar back more than ANYTHING - if any of you see it let me know or if you have it, give it back. NOW! I traded this on a whim one day for a glow-in-the-dark snakeskin Soloist. The Soloist was nice but that Rhoads was magic. Once again, call me fucktard.[/list]
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Fucktard [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I think Tim Rose has that Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

1975 chery sunburst Les Paul. Damn I sold this back in 982 for $350.00 to a then student of mine when I got away from playing. It's probably worth $3-4,000.00 now, ( oh and i tracked him down 20 years later and he still won't sell it back to me) Mother f**ker, I want to strangle him
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey Fucktard [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I think Tim Rose has that Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall the one that Tim had was a student and that was the one that turned out to be stolen. He had the cops knock on his door ...
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Tim's was floyded and came from a dealer in Dallas, and yes it turned out to be stolen and he got screwed.

My #1 regret selling was my mint Korina King V I sold to Guitarzan at a "JCF bro" price. He ended up selling it to Pat, packing it like crap, and it got destroyed in shipping.

Brett

Comment

Well, that blows a big donkey [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

I don't have any...I don't love them and leave them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The only one I really got rid of was the JCF-01-13, although it was a real nice guitar I never "bonded" with that one for some reason so it was no big deal to get rid of.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'd like to get my hands on any JCF-01 but #13 would be particularly sweet cuz that's what I got for JCF-02.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

There were many but I have to say my Soldano SLO100 owned by Eddie Van Halen.

Comment

My biggest regret would have to be when I traded in a 1979/80 1hum,candy apple red charvel. It also came stock with a mini toggle coil spliter,zebra duncan distortion,21 fret 1 piece maple neck. I traded it because it did not stay intune worth a damn.i traded it in at the Santa ana calif GC for a Les Paul Custom that I still have I still have the original reciet for the Charvel serial # 0150

Comment

Working...
                              X