Biggest Regret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Regret?

Nothing too special that I regret, but I suppose I'd not mind having back these:

1) My old Kramer Focus 6000. Not a great or particularly bad guitar, but it holds a certain amount of nostalgia.

2) 1989 Fender Strat Plus Deluxe. I traded it for a great Rivera amp, but I wouldn't mind having the Strat back. It was modded some with a new pickguard and some EMG SV's when I traded it.

3) And maybe a Tubeworks RT-2112 combo that I used to own. It was a pretty light amp and it had a unique tone to it. Again, it may be more nostalgia than anything else though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have had a couple . My first was a ESP Kama 1 in the neck pocket was 11/87. That guitar could play itself. My next one was trading my 1977 Fender strat in SG maroon which I recently found out was a semi rare color for that year. Who knew the late CBS strats would finally become worth something. Traded for my 1989 Charvel model 375. The trade soured the Charvel for me and I never play the thing. Last was trading away my 1986 Charvel model 2 for some amp back in the 80s.

Luvgun is that the same Jackson 83sandimas has?

Comment

I don't know.
        It actually went to Tim Rose about 2 years ago, so anything is possible.
        If anyone here has it... I would LOVE to get it back.
        PM me please! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I don't know.
          It actually went to Tim Rose about 2 years ago, so anything is possible.
          If anyone here has it... I would LOVE to get it back.
          PM me please! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope it didn't end up refinished in different color,Vintage trem mod and sold as prepro.
          [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I hope it didn't end up refinished in different color,Vintage trem mod and sold as prepro.
            [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! Don't say things like that!!
            That goes from biggest regret to biggest fear!

Comment

I will be watching out and see if this one pops up.
              If that shows up, I will let you know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks a million!
                Even my girlfriend gives me crap for letting that one go.

Comment

My refinished '56 Strat. That guitar was pure magic. If I find a pic I will post it.

I also regret selling my very first Soloist I bought in the early 90's. I am still trying to replace that guitar.

Comment

Jim, what color did the strat have?
                    I bet the guitar played and souded killer.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I still kick myself for selling this:

Comment

For back in 1985 selling a 1981 Les Paul Black Beauty Active Artist for $500 because nobody wanted a Les Paul at the time. That guitar is probably worth $3K now.

Comment

i believe in "out of sight out of mind". i have sold approximately 10 jackson usa's (mostly soloists). they all played well, some had cool paint, but i didn't play them so i figured i could part with them....the upside is that the ones i culled were "recycled" into more unique custom shop pieces...none of which i will part with!

Comment

'85 Charvel pointy HSS, Kahler, Red with Rosewood board.
                            '85 Gibson Expl. all white (no pickguard), tune-o-matic with ebony board.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              For back in 1985 selling a 1981 Les Paul Black Beauty Active Artist for $500 because nobody wanted a Les Paul at the time. That guitar is probably worth $3K now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I passed on a 3 pickup black beauty custom for $550 in 84 to buy my 1st Rhoads.....
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Jim, what color did the strat have?
                                I bet the guitar played and souded killer.
                                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was stripped down and refinished natural when I bought it. I refinished it the 50's shade of fender metallic gold (NOT Shoreline), played it for maybe 3 years and when the paint started turning green on the wear spots I refinished it one last time to a sort of three tone burst. It was a yellow center, medium brown inner band and dark brownish black (Salem) on the edge. It was patterned off of a '56 stock finish Strat a buddy had.

Comment

Working...
                                X