Biggest Regret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biggest Regret?

I love Fender's old Gold colors and also Fiesta Red.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No regrets here, seeing as how I've only been playing guitar for less than four years and have only sold one guitar so far. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That, and I'm a cheap student who has only one really prized guitar that I KNOW I won't let go of. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] *fends off potential suitors with a twig* Back, vile cretins, BACK! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I might regret selling my KE3 which is pending payment, but so far, no emotions yet since I haven't seriously played that guitar in months.

Comment

I will probably regret not trying one of these APC pickups while they are still around.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Miss my:
          91 Rhoads Pro (sold in 92!)
          ESP KH2
          but don't miss:
          JJ2
          88 blue crackle Dinky
          Model 5a
          Model 6 (Kahler)
          Hamer Californian Elite
          Fender Scorpion Tele
          98 ESP Mirage
          Strat plus
          Gibson Joe Perry Les Paul (neck too big)
          Les Paul Classic
          Jem
          Ibanez 770 DX
          Peavey Vandenberg
          Brian Moore MC1
          ...and probably more but I never thought that much of those otherwise I'd still have them!!
          Cheers
          Ian
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I dont have any!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I have kept all of those special guitars! I am like Shawn Lutz, I dont love em and leave em. I am true to my favorite axes. I have dumped some crappy ones over the years, non being JC's. No regrets here, I plan my purchases wisely and keep em!
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

A few:

'61 Les Paul (SG style): modded to the hills but my first really good guitar; lots of sentimental value

early 80s Kramer XL-5 aluminum neck

late 80s Jackson Ontario Green Snake 1 hum strat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I will probably regret not trying one of these APC pickups while they are still around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, better buy some just in case the demand for them starts increasing and the prices skyrocket and quality diminishes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My only regret is selling my blue quilt Dean Cadillac. It was one of the Czech guitars. I think it was called a European Custom? It was alot like a Les Paul Custom on Weight Watchers. I sold it the night I brought home my Les Paul Classic because I thought I'd never play it again. The friend I sold it too ended up selling to pay his rent and now I have no idea where it is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of that, better buy some just in case the demand for them starts increasing and the prices skyrocket and quality diminishes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about if the value drops like a dead fly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I am hoping someone here posts some MP3 samples..
                    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Y2KV WITH <font color="red"> HOT </font> <font color="orange"> ROD</font> <font color="yellow"> FLAMES </font> [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave, you mean this?

Comment

Bottom line: I don't have any regrets.

Had i not sold stuff back then, i would not have the guitars i have now. Selling guitars helps finance new guitars.

Had i not sold stuff back then, i would not have gained the experience as to what i like and prefer. An experience i'd never have, if i hadn't sold my old guitars to begin with.

Of course i want some of the old guitars back - but i would never have known that, if i had not sold them to finance new guitars. So, bottom line - no regrets. Eh? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

As unlikely as it may seem, my biggest regret was trading in my Samick fretless bass for a Charvel 3B. The Charvel has served me very well in the studio, and I don't regret getting it, but that Samick was far better than the name on the headstock would lead anyone to believe. By far the most comfortable bass I've ever played, and the best-sounding. The neck could put a KV2 "speed neck" to shame.
                            sigpic

Comment

ooohh...got a few...
                              **charvel strat head #1634 (i believe)...baby blue and white stripes, maple fretboard
                              ** bc rich bich, aqua color, rosewood board, diamond inlays, flattest radius of a neck i've ever laid my hands on, full electronics
                              **jackson use rhoads, red and black crackle, 2 humbuckers and a 5-way switch what would split the hums
                              ...and i sometimes miss the old modified san dimas king v i sold to young guitarist on the old jcf board too...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

No regrets. None, Nada! Really; 1967 Gretsch Rally (bought new by my Dad, ugly guitar, copper metallic and bamboo color), 197? Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Std (maple neck), 1974 Les Paul Custom, tobacco sunburst (mahogany neck, fretless wonder, two payments of $250) This thing really didn't have any frets or at least I couldn't feel them and the neck was too skinny for me. 1990 Gibson J-200 (big box). 1982 Fender Artic white Strat (weighed a ton. Must have had a body made of northern ash, bought site unseen from Manny's, NY)1968 Gretsch Country Gentlemen (Dark walnut stain body &amp; neck)1986 Fender Telecaster (Jap). Good riddins! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X