Questions about 1989? MIJ Charvel Flamed Amber 750 XL guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about 1989? MIJ Charvel Flamed Amber 750 XL guitar

I just put this guitar on lay away at a pawnshop today.

I got it for an Amazing price based on what they go for in today's market.

I've been reading up online to try to find out as much info on this guitar as I can, but I have a few questions.

1) how do I find the serial number for this guitar
    2) are the plastic covered Jackson pickups active?
    3) what would be the standard string gauge used on this model? 9 or 10's ?

The guitar looks exactly like this one:

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jackson pickups are not active. They only made passive pickups, and you can take the covers off if you want. The serial number should be stamped into the wood at the 24th fret.
    As far as string gauge, they probably came with 9s, but you can switch them out to whatever you want. I prefer 10s myself and would quickly remove the 9s from any guitar, especially a 750XL that's got a shorter scale.

Here's some more info on the 750XL. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...0xl-guitar.htm
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks TJ for the link.

I guess 10's make sense since this is a Les Paul scale guitar.

It didn't occur to me to look on the fretboard for the serial number.

Comment

No problem. That's a beauty. My favorite color on those.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So how muxh did you got it for? I would say anything under 1000 is a steal on those depending on condition offcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
            So how muxh did you got it for? I would say anything under 1000 is a steal on those depending on condition offcourse.

It's in pretty good shape for a 30 yr. old guitar. it just has a few scratches on the back of the body. The front of the guitar is in really good shape.

I got it for $500, which I thought was a pretty decent deal.

It had just come out of pawn about an hour earlier before I found it.

They would not budge at all on the price, but after a quick search on my phone, I was happy paying full asking.

It came with a nicely padded Road Runner square case, which was fine by me.

I'm getting it out on Tuesday, and I'll post some good pics of the guitar and give the serial number.
            Last edited by Texsunburst59; 05-27-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Yes 500 is a very very good price and if you were to put it on ebay or reverb you would probably double or triple your money easy. But these are great guitars so you might not want to sell it after you play it.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                Yes 500 is a very very good price and if you were to put it on ebay or reverb you would probably double or triple your money easy. But these are great guitars so you might not want to sell it after you play it.

Thanks Ed.

I have no intention of selling it.

It's actually my 2nd 80'a pointy headstock guitar in the last few months.

I'd never own any 80's pointy headstock guitars in my life, and now I have 2.

My other is an '87 USA Kramer Baretta 1

I'm going to be holding on to both of these.

It's always good to have a nice 80's guitar with a Floyd Rose on it.

Comment

Working...
                X