Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you all could beg for lefty models in your e-mails that would be cool, even js series if thats the only option we just want more!!!
    My Childrens
    -------------
    Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
    Lefty RR1T trans black
    Lefty Sl2HT trans black
    Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

• I will say this, ESP offers neck thru and set thru for a VERY reasonable price. Cheaper than many higher end import Jackson bolt on's. The LTD's also allow for binding on the bolt on and neck thru imports. Why Jackson won't do this is absurd. The LTD Alexi comes in at almost $100 cheaper now with a case, a good active humbucker and a bound neck with slightly better access to the higher frets.

Keep in mind, I LOVE my Jacksons and would take them over an ESP/LTD any day of the week but you can see where ESP/LTD are really offering more bang for the buck. I appreciate Jackson finally putting real Original Floyd's on som of the import stuff but BC Rich and ESP beat Jackson to the punch quite some time ago.

Comment

• But those other companies do not have the QUALITY of Jackson imports.

Does no one else understand this? Neckthrough agathis, sen, or other low-quality wood is NOT a better bargain than a bolt-on maple neck. It's a physical impossibility.

Yes, these other companies can lather on the cosmetics like abalone, binding, etc etc etc, but they do not have the base wood quality nor the construction quality of Jackson. Period. End of discussion.

And Why the f*ck is this thread still being replied to? It was started in '04 and only brought up to check on the progress, yet everyone skips to the end and adds their Santa Claus list.

Start a new thread. Has anyone from Jackson or Charvel been in this thread since it was resurrected? If not, dump it and start a new thread, maybe they'll read it if it's not 7 pages long.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Newc View Post
          But those other companies do not have the QUALITY of Jackson imports.

Does no one else understand this? Neckthrough agathis, sen, or other low-quality wood is NOT a better bargain than a bolt-on maple neck. It's a physical impossibility.

Yes, these other companies can lather on the cosmetics like abalone, binding, etc etc etc, but they do not have the base wood quality nor the construction quality of Jackson. Period. End of discussion.

And Why the f*ck is this thread still being replied to? It was started in '04 and only brought up to check on the progress, yet everyone skips to the end and adds their Santa Claus list.

Start a new thread. Has anyone from Jackson or Charvel been in this thread since it was resurrected? If not, dump it and start a new thread, maybe they'll read it if it's not 7 pages long.
          +10000

I mean WTF did anyone read the dates on this thread.

Also LTD and BC Rich guitars are made in Korea where the Jacksons are made in Japan like the actual Real ESP line. Who is getting the bargain?

I personally dont want to see Jacksons import line moved to Korea for better options.

Jackson does need to diversify or do something different instead of the same old same old.

Comment

• Originally posted by AK47 View Post
            Also LTD and BC Rich guitars are made in Korea where the Jacksons are made in Japan like the actual Real ESP line. Who is getting the bargain?
            Korean people cant build guitars but japanese can?
            '97 KV1 alder

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
              Its a question of quality and resale. I have some nice Korean guitars myself.

Point is import Jackson and ESP are both made in Japan now look at the price.

Korean LTDs and BCRich can have more fancy stuff on them as opposed to import Jacksons since the labor is cheaper in Korea. That is why Jackson cannot give you guys nicer options without adjusting the price.

I would rather have a Japanese made guitar than a Korean made guitar. I would have a US made above all but it does not mean the other countries suck. My main guitars are mostly Japanese ESPs.

Comment

• Bring back the DOUBLE RHOADS as a non custom shop guitar for us big guys!

Bring Back all the King Guitars (King Kelly) as non custom shop....

Make a King Warrior and King Strat...

As us big guys that eat McDonalds for dinner because we work 60+ hours a week and have wives that are vegans or vegitarians that don't cook, we don't eat very well and would rather buy larger guitars at non custom shop prices
                USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

• Originally posted by RD View Post
                  Bring back the DOUBLE RHOADS as a non custom shop guitar for us big guys!

As us big guys that eat McDonalds for dinner because we work 60+ hours a week and have wives that are vegans or vegitarians that don't cook, we don't eat very well and would rather buy larger guitars at non custom shop prices
                  Agreed! I'm just tall nothing more, but regular KV2's look like toys on me. Bring back the Double Rhoads as a non-custom model indeed.

Sorry for bumping this thread up another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by RD View Post
                    Bring back the DOUBLE RHOADS as a non custom shop guitar for us big guys!

:ROTF: Good point
                    So, to all folks: DON'T MARRY VEGAN-CHICKS since custom shop prices are insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                      Not that, it's just they are built on an assembly line. Production is a priority over fit and finish. Thus, the guitars are not as nice as the Jackson. the Jacksons are still built in a shop. I would also rather have a Jap guitar unless Jackson could make them in Korea, put more on them for cheaper, and guarantee they are made in an exclusive shop and will be of the same quality of the Japanese made Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                      X