This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel/Jackson wants you!!!

1. Build quality, of course, Neck through construction, and: Almost all Jackson models have 24 frets! 24 frets kick major ass! And regular sharkfins [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2. They have more string through/hardtail models, and some of them have got a greater flexibility when it comes to models. I do not now if any of them built it lateley, but 1 hum models rock.

3. Don't play bass, so I couldn't give an opinion.

And I'm not really into retro guitars.

24 Rhoads, hardtail and 1 hum!!! Please!
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      The JT590 is a subpar quality trem. ESP and Ibanez Floyd copies are superior to it. Ditch the JT590 and replace it with new "licensed" design that is of better quality, particularly the metals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, you mean the 580 RIGHT? The 590 is the Schaller, which is definitely NOT subpar. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Hope you didn't send that email. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why thank you ever so much for that clarification, 'o Correcting Master of the Obvious. It was especially necessary considering that it a) has been almost a month since I originally posted that grotesque mistake, and b) Jackson has not used the JT590/Schaller in about a decade, anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just didn't want you to come across as stupid!
          Oh, wait, too late! HA HA HA! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

...said the gold medal winner from the Special Olympics. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hey let's do this all day!

Comment

You guys are so immature. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                hehe...kinda like the pot calling the kettle black huh!!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'd Like to see the Rhoads made with Poplar again instead of Alder or maybe even Maple like Randy's originals. They should use and TB-6 Distortion rather than a JB for the bridge pup. Keep it closer to original.

Dump the "Duncan Designed" pups and offer choices from DiMarzio.

As for a Retro Charvel, I'd like to see a Jake E. Lee or maybe a 750XL re-Issue.

Comment

Hmm... What about using Jackson pickups again?
                    I'd also want a very hard neck. Maybe graphite reinforced neck, so that you won't have to adjust the truss rod

Comment

Jacksons

1. Just deliver better quality, design, and features for comparable price.
                      2. Get better visibility in stores and by endorsements. I find it really disappointing how the Jacksons are hidden way in the back at the local Guitar Center.
                      3. Am not a bass player, so can't answer this.

Retro Charvels

1. Prefer HSS, but H-H is a close second. So far I've loved the retro Charvels that have been done, but I use a neck pickup a lot and can't deal with just a single hum.
                      2. Star - definitely a tobacco-sunburst with cream binding would be killer. I also once saw a red star with black spiderweb that was the coolest thing.
                      Strat - without a doubt hotrod flames is way overdue. My vote is metallic blue base with the standard yellow on the horns going to red flame tips. Other suggestions are tiger strips, American flag, and rising sun.
                      3. Definitely go with brass NOS Charvel trem.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'd Like to see the Rhoads made with Poplar again instead of Alder or maybe even Maple like Randy's originals. They should use and TB-6 Distortion rather than a JB for the bridge pup. Keep it closer to original.

Dump the "Duncan Designed" pups and offer choices from DiMarzio.

As for a Retro Charvel, I'd like to see a Jake E. Lee or maybe a 750XL re-Issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the TB-6 is the TremBucker Distortion. The SH-6 would be the one Randy had. Anyhoo, I agree about stop using the JB in the RR.

I'd say make the LTD-style a USA and Professional series neckthrough production model with both string-through/v-plate AND locking tremmed models. Ebony boards, MOP block inlays, pins, the works. Do 'em in black with gold or white pins and white with gold or black pins, gold hardware on both colors, and Duncan Distortion and Jazz on both models.

Drop that damn RR5 boosheet, or put ebony and binding on it, especially at THAT price [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm an European student, so USA models are way out of my reach, I have only used Japanese Charvel/Jacksons. I've got some suggestions for the future:

- Hardware on all the import models should be BLACK. Chrome looks cheap.

- Bring back the JT590 Schaller made Floyd instead of the current JT580 on the import line. It was an amazing tremolo system that could be compared to the Original Floyd Rose.

- Bring back the Jackson USA pickups (J-90, J-95, J-100, J-200) on the import line. I think they're much better than the currently used Duncan Designed or EMG-HZs

- I'd love some of the old Charvel Ft.Worth import guitars to come back: Model 6 (or 650XL), Model 2, 750XL, Predator (or Model 3DR), etc. All with the JT590 tremolo, I don't like the JT6.

Comment

1. What features make a Jackson guitar (or bass) better than ESP, Schecter, BC Rich, and Ibanez?

Wood tones, neck radiuses, fretwork and they’re just cooler looking.

2. What features do ESP, Schecter, BC Rich, and Ibanez guitars (or basses) have that Jackson should consider adding to our products?

Well, this is my biggest pet peeve. Jackson needs more neckthru imports. Like the RR5 which is a great guitar but DEFINATELY needs binding on that rosewood fretboard. Like a Kelly or maybe even a Warrior. How about bringing back the KellyStar as a neck thru PRO or MG model either with binding on a rosewood fretboard with either no inlays or Flame fingerboard. If it’s a PRO build it with 2 Hums - either a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker or El Diablo in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck. If it’s a MG I’d make it 2 hum EMG HZ with the preamp. Or Maybe even a diffrent PRO or USA with an EMG 81 in the bridge and a JBjr in the neck along with a sustainiac Stealth as well. All with either strings thru body or Floyd.

3. If you were going to buy a Jackson bass:
                            A. What features (pickups, body woods, etc) would make it the best bang for the buck?

EMG, Maple

B. What price point (street selling price - not list price) would you want it to be?

Like $800

C. What model would you like to see in a Jackson bass (Concert/Dinky, Rhoads, Kelly, King V, etc)?

How about an Archtop Soloist style body

We are also looking at doing two more "Retro" Charvel models for 2005 (like the Retro San Dimas Bullseye and the Retro Lightning Star). We'll be doing one Star guitar and one San Dimas guitar. I'd like some suggestions on the following:

1. What pickup configuration - 1 Hum or 2 Hum?

2 Hum

2. Which "retro" or classic Charvel graphic or finish would you like to see? I need suggestions for the Star and the San Dimas - different graphics "work" differently for each model.

That’s easy.....blood splatter over black or white for the star and Skull and Crossbones like Warren DeMartini’s
                            3. Which bridge would you like to see on the Retro guitars - a Floyd or the brass NOS Charvel trem?

Floyd or fixed Kahler bridge
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

1. What features make a Jackson guitar (or bass) better than ESP, Schecter, BC Rich, and Ibanez?

Being better than ESP is easy enough, since so many ESP's are just cheap clones. Being better than the others is a bit subjective. I don't like the fact that Jackson isn't competing with ESP or even Schecter in terms of offering cheaper neck-thru's. I wish they would, because they're losing customers to the sheep buyers. For the USA models, I like Jacksons because I've owned a couple, and th ey were both very solid players that lasted through hell and back.

2. What features do ESP, Schecter, BC Rich, and Ibanez guitars (or basses) have that Jackson should consider adding to our products?

More cheaper neck-thru's and maybe even a couple of set-necks.

3. If you were going to buy a Jackson bass:
                              A. What features (pickups, body woods, etc) would make it the best bang for the buck?
                              B. What price point (street selling price - not list price) would you want it to be?
                              C. What model would you like to see in a Jackson bass (Concert/Dinky, Rhoads, Kelly, King V, etc)?

Price range: $500 - $800.
                              Model: Kelly
                              Features: Active p'ups, neck-thru, more finises besides black, trans red, metallic red, and metallic blue

Comment

I would again accent Agresivo's point. We need them in Europe. Badly!

Comment

Working...
                                X