Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Pro Series Dinky DK2 Question

Hey Everyone,
    I was looking at possibly purchasing a new 2020 Pro Series DK2 Pink. The only question I have is where is this one made? The catalogue doesn't say where the models are made. I really don't want to add a MIC or MII guitar to my collection as all my current ones are either MIM or MIJ guitars and I like the quality and feel of those.
    Thanks
    Greg

This is just an educated guess that they are made in mexico. What i checked some pictures from the net their serial starts with MXJ which would indicate mexico. However those i saw were last years(2019) models so if they didnt change the factory in a year i would say Mexico.
    Last edited by ed; 11-07-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

bolt ons are in mexico.
      and I believe neck thru models are from .... where the X models are made.

Comment

Yes it looks like jacksons are being made in Mexico China Indonesia South korea and Usa.It would be a cool idea to get 1 from all the places and make a comparison on build quality.

Comment

Currently:

Indo, Samick - Pro Series, minus Monarkh and painted neck (only the Phil Demmel model currently, Jeff Loomis Kelly is Korea because of the Ash body). Which is weird since Pro Monarkh are also oiled. Maybe because the Phil Demmel model uses Rosewood/Laurel unlike Ebony like the rest of the Pro?
          Indo, Cort - X Series and other painted neck models, Monarkh + some other stuffs from time to time
          China, unknown factory starting with Y - Crackle Soloists, both X and Pro, Gus G Pro
          China, Weibo - JS
          South Korea, Worlds - Dinky Ash, Wildcards, Jeff Loomis model. Dave Davidson Warrior is Samick though, but that's probably because its only an Ash top. Seems like the full Ash models are contracted to Worlds
          Mexico, Fender's plant - Most Dinky, Charvels

Most of the variance is in the Indonesian line, generally Cort makes the X and Samick the Pro, but stuffs are randomly assigned to either of them. Kinda weird that the older Gus G X Series is Cort, but the Pro is China crackle factory even though it doesn't have any unusual specs

>Yes it looks like jacksons are being made in Mexico China Indonesia South korea and Usa.It would be a cool idea to get 1 from all the places and make a comparison on build quality.

Sample size would be a little limited, but its a cool idea regardless.
          Last edited by Crumbling; 11-08-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X