Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color question

Hello everyone,
    my first post here in the forum. I recently received a Charvel Model 3 in the version without a pickguard. It was made in Japan around 1987/88.
    This Charvel should be restored and the body should be painted in pearl white. Unfortunately, I can't find the color number of this Pearl White anywhere.
    Can one of you tell me what number this Pearl White has?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Greetings Sico

Never seen pearl white. Just regular white. I have no ideas of what a color number is.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      Never seen pearl white. Just regular white. I have no ideas of what a color number is.
      I wonder if he is thinking like on a car there is a paint code listed on the tag/sticker in the door frame. Body shops use that code to order paint so the repair matches the rest of the body. I think he is asking if there was a color code for the paint used originally.

Comment

Jackson had a color called SWP (Snow White Pearl). No idea if that color was on the older Charvel Model series, though. According to this, it says it was available with several colors, one being PWH which I assume is Pearl White.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	charvel_1989_model_3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.7 KB ID:	2542754
        Charvel 1988 Models, Charvel 1989 Models, charvel model 1c, charvel model 3dr, charvel model 4m, charvel model 5a, charvel model 5fx, charvel model 7, charvel model 8, charvel model 8m, charvel model 88, charvel model 1af, charvel model 1a3s, charvel model 1a1sh, charvel model hsh, charvel model midi, charvel model 88, charvel model 88, charvel model 88, 1988 89 charvel model series,
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hello to all,
          thank you for your answers. I want to try to explain it a little better. I would like to use the original PWH (Pearl White) for the restoration of the Charvel Model 3 Made in Japan.

But which is the original PWH that was used by Charvel back in the 80s?
          I'll give an example: RAL 1013 means a kind of color pearl white, this pearl white is created when you mix red 227 (89%), green 217 (85%) and blue 198 (78%) with each other.
          But i don't think it's the pearl white that Charvel used. There are many types of pearl white, all of which appear slightly different.
          I also asked Charvel in America directly by email. Unfortunately I did not receive an answer from there.
          Anyway, I'll try to get as close as possible to the color with a painter.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Best Regards Sico

Last edited by Sico; 02-16-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

are you trying to match for a repair, or for a complete refinish?

for a repair I would say any original color code, if such a record even exists, is worthless for a 30+ year old guitar, since the colors and clear coats fade and yellow over time. you'd have to have a professional match the existing color by eye.

Comment

The body should get a completely new paint job. If I could get the original color code I would use this one. Since this code is very unlikely to be available, I will, as already described in the previous thread, try to get as close as possible to the original with a painter.

Comment

Working...
              X