Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randy Rhoads / Kelly Star output jack routing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads / Kelly Star output jack routing ?

Hello everyone!
    One thing I would really like to understand is how the output jack wiring route was made on these type of guitars (on Kelly Stars and on RR models that have the output jack plate on the longer horn, also as well). I'm sure you need a very long drill bit, but where does the jack hole point to?
    Is it towards the pots cavity, or towards the bridge pickup cavity and routed together to it?
    Or maybe under the floyd rose cavity? I can't understand....
    Thanks for your help

The jack wire is routed into the bridge pickup cavity and then follows the pickup wire into the control cavity. ;-)

Comment

Hello metalspawn, thank you very much for answering me. So, let's say you just need a very long drill bit to reach it, right? Do the two wires from the output jack passing under the bridge pickup create some issues or noises?

Comment

Originally posted by alessandroarzilli View Post
        Hello metalspawn, thank you very much for answering me. So, let's say you just need a very long drill bit to reach it, right? Do the two wires from the output jack passing under the bridge pickup create some issues or noises?
        if the wire is shielded or twisted the additional noise level should be very very low.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X