Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuners for MIM Charvel: Where Can I find Replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuners for MIM Charvel: Where Can I find Replacements?

I want to swap out my chrome Charvel tuners with black ones. What tuners are a direct 2-pin fit for the MIM Charvels? I can't find any Charvel branded black replacements. So looking at Gotoh, Schaller, etc.

I found some black unbranded tuners for the Pro-mod neck I had on Ebay. Seller said they wre from a B.C. Rich. Some of the old Kramer tuners will work. Here is a set I found that are currently on Ebay. A couple are a little scratched up though.
    Vintage 90's Kramer Ibanez Guitar Inline Tuners for Project / Upgrade | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by JYD View Post
      I want to swap out my chrome Charvel tuners with black ones. What tuners are a direct 2-pin fit for the MIM Charvels? I can't find any Charvel branded black replacements. So looking at Gotoh, Schaller, etc.
      Are you trying to piece together a guitar? First the strange neck swapping question now tuner questions?
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I only aske because your guitar came with black hardware if it's a Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Sassafras!
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by JYD View Post
          Charvel used Charvel brand Gotoh tuners on some and unbrand china made on others

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Charvel used Charvel brand Gotoh tuners on some and unbrand china made on others
            Best I can tell the Gotoh's that Charvel used to use sometimes where the same as the Jackson/Charvel branded tuners. They have the little tab for a screw on them. I thus far haven't figured out who the 2 pin tuners that don't use a screw are a copy of. I come up with alot of Fender branded tuners in an image search and old Kramer tuners on Ebay. closest I've found is these All Parts tuners TK-7590 6-in-line 2-Pin Tuner Set — Allparts Music but the peg heads are shaped different than the Charvels. If I were the O.P. I'd buy those unbranded Ebay ones and call it done.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
              Are you trying to piece together a guitar? First the strange neck swapping question now tuner questions? I only aske because your guitar came with black hardware if it's a Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Sassafras!
              Yes. And, I like asking strange questions. We had various bodies, guitars, parts, we wanted to mix n match. His Satchel had 'scuffed' black hardware; he made it 'roadworn' by using steel wool, I think. My maple neck from Reverb had chrome, and his San Dimas ebony neck had new black hardware. Don't want to make it a long story, and short answer again, yes: piecing 2 guitars together.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

Best I can tell the Gotoh's that Charvel used to use sometimes where the same as the Jackson/Charvel branded tuners. They have the little tab for a screw on them. I thus far haven't figured out who the 2 pin tuners that don't use a screw are a copy of. I come up with alot of Fender branded tuners in an image search and old Kramer tuners on Ebay. closest I've found is these All Parts tuners TK-7590 6-in-line 2-Pin Tuner Set — Allparts Music but the peg heads are shaped different than the Charvels. If I were the O.P. I'd buy those unbranded Ebay ones and call it done.
                They are the same, Jackson and Charvel Gotoh's I have them on both USA soloist even though one has a locking nut both 90's

Comment

Working...
                X