90s mij vs 2006-2009 mij vs usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s mij vs 2006-2009 mij vs usa

hey man i just wanna know how the 2006-2009 mij dk2 compare with the usa or the earlier mij’s on build quality, wood quality, and feel. Not comparing the parts since those are easily changeable

never had a dk2, but I was never super impressed with the mid-late-2000s MG series which I would guess were comparable. they're fine guitars especially "for the money" but definitely not very inspirational like the usa stuff. not the same feel at all. if you have a fixed budget I'd say they're good choices but if you're able to spend more I would.

Comment

You will like it. I do like Professionals a bit better for imports but that could be bias. Never had a dud Professional but I have with some post 00s models. A USA shouldn't remotely be near the price of a DK2 so I don't even get the comparison. That being said my USA Dinky (pre DK1) is great.
      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
      My collection also there!

Comment

thanks for the replies man! i actually got a 2006-2009 dk2 with skull graphics and after a set up it plays really well. the serial number is 9792701 can it tell what specific year that is? anyway this was brand new so it’s still pristine and i got it for $560ish. it’s my first jackson btw

Comment

To identify the date on these bolt-neck Japanese Jacksons with serial number format 9xxxxxx, you will need to disassemble the neck from the body, and look for date stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket. The serial number is just a sequential number and does not correspond to the date, especially for a late model guitar like the DK2M which certainly didn't exist in 96, 97, or 98 as the first two digits of the serial number might imply to the uninitiated.

Comment

Originally posted by doradoradora View Post
            thanks for the replies man! i actually got a 2006-2009 dk2 with skull graphics and after a set up it plays really well. the serial number is 9792701 can it tell what specific year that is? anyway this was brand new so it’s still pristine and i got it for $560ish. it’s my first jackson btw
            Does yours have chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups? Or Black hardware and real Seymour Duncans?

The prior was up until 2006/7ish? The later was an upgrade around 2007 or 2008.
            Last edited by DonP; 02-11-2022, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

Does yours have chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups? Or Black hardware and real Seymour Duncans?

The prior was up until 2006/7ish? The later was an upgrade around 2007 or 2008.
              yeah i have the black hardware with real seymour duncans

Comment

Working...
              X