Help me please identify this Charvel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please identify this Charvel.

Can anyone help me identity the year and model of my Charvel. It looks like a model 3 from maybe around 87 or so but there is one issue. I cant find a single model 3 with a maple fingerboard. I tryed to post pics but it kept rejecting them for the size. So I will try to explain the best I can. It has the logo just before the tooth paste logo with a black headstock, Jackson Tuners, Maple Fingerboard, Maple bolt on neck, the neck plate is a Ft. Worth so im sure its a Japanese, HSS Jackson pickups, 1 tone, 1 volume, 5 way switch, and a Floyd Rose bridge. The color is Red. Serial # is 301893. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have searched for hours trying to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model 3M had a maple board.

Comment

I can't find one catalog listing a 3M. I can find more than one forsale, but does that make it an actual model? I know it would be very easy to throw a model 1 neck on a three as they are the same heel and headstock.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I see that its says it has a maple fingerboard but they all looks mahogany. Mine as very blond.

Comment

nobody uses mahogany for fingerboards.

pics would be nice and helpful in helping you identify your instrument. you can upload the pics to an external site like imgur or postimg and paste the links here

Comment

looks like a Model 3 but is maple....
            a Model 1C

Comment

I agree sounds like a 1C.

Comment

Sounds like a Model 3 with a maple board, but I'm with John I'd say someone slapped a 4M neck on it since it has a Floyd. Here's a catalog scan which does show the Model 4M.

Comment

I am ignoring the Floyd Rose part, because none of these had a Floyd Rose. I am assuming it is after-market.

Comment

Working...
                  X