No announcement yet.

Jackson JE-1200 center-stop boost pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JE-1200 center-stop boost pots?

Hey everyone!

I'm currently in the process of repairing the JE-1200 on one of my Soloists and I'm having trouble locating a 3/8" B50K potentiometer to replace the broken boost pot. Well, I've got an old JE-1200 harness from about 1987 that I was gonna take apart, but I noticed that the boost pot (3rd pot) has a center stop. None of the JE-1200s I've used in the past have had a center-stop, so I was just wondering if anyone had experience with a JE-1200 that does. I want to use this center-stop pot as a replacement for the broken pot I have that does not have a center-stop. They are both B50K and look to be about the same age. In theory, it should work, just function slightly different, right? Just want to see if anyone can chime in before I take things apart.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by SoloistCustom View Post
    Hey everyone!

I'm currently in the process of repairing the JE-1200 on one of my Soloists and I'm having trouble locating a 3/8" B50K potentiometer to replace the broken boost pot. Well, I've got an old JE-1200 harness from about 1987 that I was gonna take apart, but I noticed that the boost pot (3rd pot) has a center stop. None of the JE-1200s I've used in the past have had a center-stop, so I was just wondering if anyone had experience with a JE-1200 that does. I want to use this center-stop pot as a replacement for the broken pot I have that does not have a center-stop. They are both B50K and look to be about the same age. In theory, it should work, just function slightly different, right? Just want to see if anyone can chime in before I take things apart.

Thanks in advance!
    Should be good to go
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Should be good to go
      Thanks for the reply John, have you ever had a JE-1200 with a center-stop boost pot?

Comment

I've never seen it with a center detent. Would that be for cut and boost and center neutral? From what I remember of my Model 6, fully clockwise is mid boost and counterclockwise is not boosted (though, I don't think it's technically off since you need a battery to power the system).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I've never seen it with a center detent. Would that be for cut and boost and center neutral? From what I remember of my Model 6, fully clockwise is mid boost and counterclockwise is not boosted (though, I don't think it's technically off since you need a battery to power the system).
          Installed it a few days ago and it works great, better than before I'd say. Sounds like it cuts when you have it all the way counterclockwise which is cool, center seems to be neutral or "off" and boost is clockwise as normal. Great preamp!

Comment

How certain are we that it is the 1200 and not one of the others?
            And the switch, is the center just a center or is it a bypass.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              How certain are we that it is the 1200 and not one of the others?
              And the switch, is the center just a center or is it a bypass.
              I'm certain it's the 1200. I'm assuming by switch you mean the pot, it seems to be the center is "bypass", like how it would be with a regular pot fully counterclockwise. I could be wrong but I definitely think this pot lets you cut some of the frequencies. It's not really useable but it's an option. I'm using an alnico J-90 and SD Trembucker, sounds incredible but the preamp hardly responds like it would with a J-50 or similar.

Comment

[QUOTE=SoloistCustom;n2550335]

I'm certain it's the 1200. I'm assuming by switch you mean the pot, it seems to be the center is "bypass", like how it would be with a regular pot fully counterclockwise. I could be wrong but I definitely think this pot lets you cut some of the frequencies. It's not really useable but it's an option. I'm using an alnico J-90 and SD Trembucker, sounds incredible but the preamp hardly responds like it would with a J-50 or similar.
                [/QUO

It will be all good, I've had so many. don't like em but know how things work
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                X