Charvel branded J-80c pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel branded J-80c pup?

As the title says, are these the same as the Jackson branded ones? I’ve spotted one for sale that is stamped Charvel in script/toothpaste logo on the underside of pup with the j-80c sticker and wondering if they are actually the same pup or possibly Japanese made version perhaps and what might it have come out of? Or perhaps fake? Did they exist? Thanks in advance

My Charvette has a Charvel badged J-50BC in it, and it's the same as the Jackson badged J-50BC in my Model 4. If it says J-80C I'm sure it'll be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
      My Charvette has a Charvel badged J-50BC in it, and it's the same as the Jackson badged J-50BC in my Model 4. If it says J-80C I'm sure it'll be the same.
      Ok thanks Razor. Do you or anyone else know anymore history on these and why they were branded this way considering they are Jackson pups? I know they’re essentially the same company back when but I’d like to know more about them. Thanks

Comment

Pics or exact model? I thought in general Charvel had the Jackson branded humbuckers, but for toothpaste era the singles were often stamped Charvel. Charvettes as Razor said had pickups branded Charvel.
        Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
        My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
          Pics or exact model? I thought in general Charvel had the Jackson branded humbuckers, but for toothpaste era the singles were often stamped Charvel. Charvettes as Razor said had pickups branded Charvel.
          It’s been sold now anyway but my question was more are they the same pups as the Jackson ones…

Comment

Originally posted by Pjc007 View Post

It’s been sold now anyway but my question was more are they the same pups as the Jackson ones…
            Charvette "Charvel" badged J-50BC

Model 4 "Jackson" badged J-50BC

Comment

Working...
            X