Need help identifying guitar model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying guitar model

This guitar was given to me as a gift around 1996. I'm curious as to what model it is and where it was made?
    10 new items · Album by Johnny De Silva
    Last edited by jds8535; 09-19-2023, 07:26 PM.

That's an interesting piece.
    For the most part, a top mount trem stopped in the late 80s. But there were no Jackson imports then.
    Then we have the more obvious... no serial on the neck plate, but the clear remnants of a sticker which could either be a serial or a '2nd'. And those tuners are disgusting.

When you take it apart, what is stamped/written in the various cavities.

Comment

I hope that it wasn't a serial number, because I'm pretty sure that I removed and threw out that sticker myself! What do you mean by a '2nd'? An extra serial number? I don't know that I wanna take it apart!?

Comment

2nd = a factory reject.
        Many rejects were issued a serial number on a long silver sticker about the size shape and place where yours is. The irony is the fact that more modern models used that same kind of sticker and placement.

But what I don't understand; Your only other post, way back in 2013, pretty much answered your questions. What more are you hunting for.

Comment

Yeah, it's beginning to look to me like I may have gotten a factory reject. And likely a mutt as well? I don't know what you mean. All the replies I got back then were pretty different and I got no definitive answer. So I just thought that I would repost in a general thread, just in case it isn't even an import model. I guess that I've always just been curious as to what model I have, or whether or not I got a fake! Thanks.
          Last edited by jds8535; 09-19-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

body looks like a jd-r which was a mf exclusive. but both the jd-r and jd-r pro had reverse headstocks. so maybe it was a 2nd that came with a normal neck?

Comment

Wow, it does look alot like that green one. But there's no Jackson or serial number on the neck plate. No Jackson on the tuners, and there isn't any JDR-95 or Concept on the headstock either. I'm beginning to think that I just got a model which may have been made exclusively for the school where I took lessons back then?
              Last edited by jds8535; 09-19-2023, 08:45 PM.

Comment

that green one he says the neck plate is blank and in the picture the headstock looks bare except the logo. did you ever take the neck off any look inside the neck pocket? btw those mf exclusives were made in korea I believe

Comment

Working...
                X