Help Identifying Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Jackson

Hi everyone! I came across this Jackson today and am having trouble determining it. It's got a 97XXXXX (7 digit) serial number. Just "Jackson" on the headstock - and it really throws me because of the pickup rings. I tried searching numerous times but am not able to find this finish with those rings (they look stock but I guess they could be aftermarket). Could anyone help me on this one?

Looks like a DK2
    97x serials ran 2003-2007, a third digit could narrow it down a bit

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
      Looks like a DK2
      97x serials ran 2003-2007, a third digit could narrow it down a bit
      That's what I think it is too. If there is a toggle switch behind the rear volume knob it's going to be DK2-FS (Fire Storm boost) with swapped out pickups and rings. I owned a black DK2-FS a long long time ago.

Comment

dk2 blue flametop, made in japan, the pickups have been replaced and some awful pickup rings added to the single coils...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Someone might have done a shitty routing job to install single coils with tabs. Those aren't pickup rings, they are "goof" rings.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Someone might have done a shitty routing job to install single coils with tabs. Those aren't pickup rings, they are "goof" rings.
            that's a great term, I hadn't heard it before. I'm going to start calling pickguards "goof guards"

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

that's a great term, I hadn't heard it before. I'm going to start calling pickguards "goof guards"
              It started in the 70's with Gibson. They were doing a bad job routing the pickups in the LP Deluxe model with the mini hums that they used goof rings to hide the bad work.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Hellz yeah!!! I hadn't heard that one before, but it damn sure makes sense!!!

Comment

Working...
                X