Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson AT1 USA : a few questions

Hi everyone !
    I have just bought a gorgeous AT1. Flame top, superb sunburst. I am quite happy to have found one in Europe, in excellent condition. It must have been barely played a few times in its 30 years of existence. Lucky me !
    Here are my questions :
    Are the Kent Armstrong pickups made in USA ? I have read here and there that Kent Armstrong makes pickups in USA, but has also an asian production line of pickups. I doubt that they would have put asian pickups in a made in USA guitar, but I wanted to check this with you guys.
    Now the tricky one :
    My AT1 has the 4x2 tuners. Its serial number dates it from 1995. I have read around that a limited number of AT1s had this 4x2 tuners disposition in 1995, before they appeared in the 1996 catalog with 3x3 tuners. The number of guitars varies : 20 ? 30 ? 50 ? I have tried to contact Fender but they don't have the records prior when they bought Jackson. Does anyone has a precise number, or any clue to find one ?
    Thank you very much for your help !
    (I don't understand how to join a picture... sorry !)

I'd love to see it. Try Imgur or something simular and link to that.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

It's not the best picture possible, sorry, I did that quickly.
      At least you can see it !
      Discover topics like guitar, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like InAttendu2630.

Comment

I'm super late to the party here, but some of the AT1 info posted here (and elsewhere) may have been from me, as I own a "4x2" AT1 in Transparent Green. I would have to find a time machine to go back and find the info on it. I actually replaced the bridge humbucker with a Kent Armstrong "Super Distortion" (how original!) so I could use it in a death metal role. I'd have to dig through a bunch of boxes to see if it came with anything referencing the country of origin, as I don't think the pickup itself has any markings.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X