Sneaking stuff by the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneaking stuff by the wife

In late Dec of 2003 I got my first Jackson. A beautiful lefty, ltg sky SL2H. After playing a charvel 475 deluxe for 10+ yrs. I went for the Jackson. (I wore the charvel out) Now I'm hooked I want to get a rhoads in ltg sky as well. I have the money, but I need some ideas on how to get it into the house without the wife noticing. new pickups, rack gear even sometimes speakers arent a problem, but another guitar is grounds for divorce. These Jacksons are obvious, and I dont think saying "I've always had that" will work on a new Jackson. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Those of you that have multiple guitars, how do you pull it off?

Re: Sneaking stuff by the wife

Its a simple as a compromise....as long as you have the extra cash to spend, and its something that youve wanted and been saving for...I dont see why your wife would blow a gasket over it. All you have to do is take her out to dinner, and over general conversation, let guitars slip in. Tell her that youve found your "dream guitar". If she knows absolutely nothing about guitars, tell her that its extremely rare, and its truly a find and some sort of "investment", that the guitar will raise in value over time. Tell her that your game for something shes been wanting for awhile, even if its something that irritates you to no end. If I ever told Mr LPC not no but hell no he couldnt have a guitar just to be saying no...Id be out on the doorstep so fast it would make your head spin....but then again, I knew what I was getting into with the guitars before I married him...now I force him to buy guitars and do without things I want just to add to his collection.....

Just a womans point of view...

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Just tell her you bought it from Brett for $200.... That's what I always do. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i hope mr LPC knows what he has! got any single sisters? i'm in nc too! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

LOL....he knows what he has....and I have to admit he treats it well...as far as sisters...no I dont have any, they took one look at me and said oh hell no...no more!! Well daddy said "A shittin girl", he wanted a son to work the farm for him....to this day he still calls me son...oh well....

Comment

DAMN, story of my life! can't get a break!
            The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Damn *I* thought *I* was the only one who used the "I got it from Brett for cheap" line!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Seriously tho, my wife is much like Mrs LPC in that she knew what she was getting into with me as well. We work together and yes, often times she will buy something off eBay for me and just be like...here! I'll show here and auction and the next thing I know she is making a deal on it. Actually, she bought my EDS SL-1 from Brett without me even knowing it. She had him ship it Roodyrocker's house and totally surprised me with it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] She just kicks SO much ass! She did that with the BGF King V also, just emailed the guy, made a deal and hit BIN, I was floored! Also with my Blood Drip Warrior, I just wanted layaway but she was like screw it, I called and ordered it! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Anyway, just be honest, marriage is of compromise. I NEVER tell my wife no, if she wants something I tell her to get it! She busts her ass and she deserves stuff as much or more than I do. My wife married a musician, but I married a GODESS! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Hope you get your RR-1 dude, it will rule!

Be C0ol!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by makovai:
                In late Dec of 2003 I got my first Jackson. A beautiful lefty, ltg sky SL2H. After playing a charvel 475 deluxe for 10+ yrs. I went for the Jackson. (I wore the charvel out) Now I'm hooked I want to get a rhoads in ltg sky as well. I have the money, but I need some ideas on how to get it into the house without the wife noticing. new pickups, rack gear even sometimes speakers arent a problem, but another guitar is grounds for divorce. These Jacksons are obvious, and I dont think saying "I've always had that" will work on a new Jackson. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                Those of you that have multiple guitars, how do you pull it off?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, but if so, I wouldn't call it a wife ... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Just remind your wife that you could be spending the money on whores instead of guitars. I promise that she won't slap you.

Comment

At first my wife was pissed but then she started buying me things... One thing about guitars they are not a lost investment you can sell them and recoup some money or maybe all if you get them used.... Sneaking in a Rhoads ain't going to happen
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Hopefully you have a pre-nup,if so it's confrontation time,if she doesn't like it.....get a better wife!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                        Well unless you hae a spending problem or can't really afford it then there should be no reason to have to "sneak" it by the wife... And if she said no just for the sake of saying no it would grounds for divorce on my end ....
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto.... However, maybe there is more to it than that. If you are willing to "sneak" it by her, then it seems there is a lack of trust...Maybe on both ends. Deception is the same as flat out lying in my book. How can a spouse trust the other if they are willing to lie or decieve to get something that benefits only one of the two....and hide it? If she busts you trying to sneak it in, or in a lie about where you got it, or the cost of it, how pissed will she be? How pissed would you be if she lied about buying a $1200 flower basket? If you're willing to dupe your own wife....who won't you try to dupe. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I don't hide anything from my wife...And I don't lie to her either. If I want a guitar, I tell her. If the bills are paid, I can justify buying it...no reason to "ask". I let her know out of common courtesy, and she does the same.

Not trying to be a Dick here....But you asked how to pull it off. I say be honest about it, and maybe she will enjoy seeing you get the guitar you want.
                        >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Pardon me for saying so, but the problem seems not to be the RR, but the relationship between you and your wife. If there's trust and kindness between you two, you can always talk her into getting a new RR with good reason.

But if you're looking for "practical advice", you can simply say you get it cheap- either from pawnshop, ebay, jcf or whatever. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

diamonds, dude. diamonds.

Comment

I agree with the logical approach - if the bills are paid and all that, ask her where the problem is. "Why do you need so many guitars?" "Oh I don't know, why do you need more than one pair of shoes?"

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X