Sneaking stuff by the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sneaking stuff by the wife

Anyway, the guitar is like a woman. You hold her for the neck and scratch around the vital parts. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe she feels discriminated and jealous of your guitars.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

First.... I am SO GLAD I don't have this problem, I could prolly have 5 women downstairs here, cept for the screaming, she'd never know they were here... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But seriously, no really, I don't have that problem, but if I did, I would take the rational/responsible approach, but if you REALLY wanted that axe, it's a simple process...

Honey, I'm trading this piece of rack gear for another axe, can you ship this box to soa nd so pls? And when she says no, k, I'll be back in an hour or so, going to FedEx to drop it off. Then proceed to the nearest pub, have a couple of cold one's, return home as if nothing and await the new axe!

Do not do this wiuth an import, it has to be a USA, or else everything will backfire in yo face... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Alright, all bullshit aside, just do the right thing bro, you know what you can get a away with...

Pat

By all means, let us know the outcome, and if she finds out and you have to sell her, let me know first aye? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GERMANDETH:
        My wife and I are comfortable in the fact that we know our finances and we spend responsibly. To sneak a purchase by the other would reek of immaturity, would erode trust, and would be insulting to each other's intelligence. Approach her with the purchase and if she has a problem with it, sit down and discuss the issue. Hey, it has worked for me 26 times. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">26 relationships or 26 guitars? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who can afford 26 guitars? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        "POOP"

Comment

I'm with Kevin here, no reason to lie, your not in high school sneaking a bag of weed in your parents house [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Your a grown man and if money isn't an issue just tell her "I'm buying a Rhoads". You have to be smart about it and have to afford it (meant no charge/ credit car). Hell from my point of view if something as silly as this is grounds for divorce -- I'd buy it and park it in the living room so she'd see it first thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] See ya, nice knowing ya [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You'll have more fun with a Jackson!
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Honesty and compromise are probably the most important items mentioned in this thread so far.

I'm just starting a new relationship and the one thing I made sure she knows about me is that guitars are my passion. Seeking out cool guitars and obtaining them is one of my hobbies. She understands that.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Hey Todd, after 20 years of marriage, I can promise you that both parties have a tendency to forget things. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Best of luck!
              "POOP"

Comment

It seems like makovai disappeared ... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

My 2 cents...

I know that in my situation when we have extra cash it's always used for furniture and stuff like that. My wife would much rather see a new sofa or something rather than a RR1 hanging on the wall.

She does get kudos for letting me score a high end axe once a year. Because of my band being a business I can ride my purchases off. Because of that there are times though when boxes arrive @ the door with no warning. When this happens she does get a little ticked and I have to make a mense by selling something.

Being a lefty also means that It's hard to pass things up (I know the feeling). If something popped up that I know is rare and if I beg and whine, 99% of the time regardless of our situation we'll make it work.

Then you could always have it shipped to your work place [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just tell her that the other guitar broke and now looks like a V, then when you play the SL tell her you glued it, then when you play the Rhoads again, tell her the glue broke, and so on and so on and so on... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

no disappear. just enjoying all th chat. Actually my wife is really cool. She knows that down the road I'll get that RR. But for now I'll enjoy my SL2H. Unlike many of you I have way to many hobbies. I'm heavy into nitro RC cars, in which I have over $5k invested. I have a crew cab silverado that is lifted to the hilt, I have a 600+ hp drag corvette in my garage If anybody want to see it. I have alot of hobbies and she's very understanding. I was really just kidding when I said sneak it by her, and say Ive always had that gee tar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . We've been married almost 10 yrs and she's put up with alot of my BS. And She knows that down the road I want a RR and she'll let me get it when the time is right. I will say that the best Idea's that you all have said is decide whats the least important to me, sell it and raise the money. That way I'm not spending new money, just trading in old for new.

I did enjoy all your comments though. Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

woman always turn into such bitches! just let us play our guitars dammit!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well then your dealing with the wrong women .. anyone here who has met my wife can tell you she is very grounded and to be honest probably the best women I could have gotten. Case in point she never bats an eyelash at the old phonecall "I have this charvel for sale" ... Her answer is when are we gonna go look at it or when will it be here.

When I bought my harley I beat decisions to death .. Pat can tell ya that .. We walked in and the bike was there at a great price ..I wasn't even looking to buy it .. her response "If you don't put the money down I will"

The flip side ..my father in law loves BMW's (motorcycles). This man is gonna be 66 years old and has raised 3 kids, been to the best of my knowlege a good provider yet his wife say's no he's not buying a new bike ..

He wanted to retire this past year ..she told him no he can't ..they can't afford it .. and yes they could afford it ..the own most if not all of their current home ...

Where my wife came from I'll never know but she treats me well enough to worship the ground she walks on. She loves guitars,Motorcyles (has her own Harley)She isn't materialistic and loves to hang around with my friends etc ... This is probably the best area of my life and have been lucky to be so blessed ...

Bottom line ...don't lie or sneak it and build your marriage on trust ..if all your bills are current and your not hurting for money after being honest ..then she has a control issue and any amount of lying or sneaking wont make things any better for you, only worse ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I agree with the guys who say you should have a mutual understanding that this is your passion and basically what you do. I have over 20 guitars but I've made the agreement that to buy one I must sell one. I have to say she still isn't into seeing more stuff come in but that's what we do. Although I must admit there are times when I gotta have one and it slips in by getting shipped to work or a friends house and bringing it in late at night. She feels they all look alike anyway...I said good, keep it that way !! Love ya Hun ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been married for over ten years, and my wife knew going in that I was a buy it/ sell it freak...she also knows that I've made some good $ finding deals and turning them - so somewhere along the line she 's totally lost track of whats coming and going...yeah, I fly way under the radar most of the time...

Another key here is that I rid myself of a couple of vices, one in particular that had been hanging around since I was a teen, and she would rather see me getting new guitars than watching it all go up in smoke [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                              woman always turn into such bitches!
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MmmnnKay.... That statement show a lack of experience with women. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

>> Studies have proven that many women equate a shopping trip with sex, achieving an equally satisfying end-result without the actual orgasm.

My wife is a shop-a-holic. Should I be worried? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X