Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sneaking stuff by the wife

Originally posted by MakovaisGirl:
    #1. If he spends the money on the guitar, then there is no money for nursing school (for me)!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey...Makovai. My wife is a nurse. She works 2 12hr shifts a week and gets paid for 40hrs...And makes good $$. You should make a deal here. Wait til she's out of school & has a job, then order that custom shop youve always wanted...Before you have kids! Because once the kids arrive, you can kiss your toys goodbye. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Re: Sneaking stuff by the wife

Hey...Makovai. My wife is a nurse. She works 2 12hr shifts a week and gets paid for 40hrs...And makes good $$. You should make a deal here. Wait til she's out of school & has a job, then order that custom shop youve always wanted...Before you have kids! Because once the kids arrive, you can kiss your toys goodbye. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [/QB]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the kids are here 8 yr old and a 5 yr old. But actualy thats what she's saying. Is if I wait till she makes the big bucks then I'll have a family of Jacksons like you single guys [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll just talk he into buying Fender.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:46 AM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Why the hell bring this back after 2 years????
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It is hard to sneak in a new guitar when you only have 4 or 5. After you get 30 or so, she will start saying things like "when did you get that guitar?" and it will be one of the first 5 you owned. LOL
            Your wife has a good angle wanting to finish school before you buy new guitars, and it seems you have plenty of "irons in the fire" when it comes to hobbies. Maybe you could pick one of your other hobbies to get rid of to get the new guitar?
            As for me, I don't ask if I can get another guitar or not. If we can't afford toys, we don't get them. We are lucky enough to be able to afford all the toys we have...
            P.S. Make Momma happy, or nobody will be happy! LOL

Comment

DOH! Why would this get brought back? I need to look at the dates... LOL

Comment

Best thread in a long time!

After reading this I have this one VH tune in my ear: Where have all the good times gone .. Mommy didn´t need no little boys .. Daddy didn´t need no little toys.

Well, the other day I was showing my wife the www.usacharvels.com site to point out how things could have ended up here as well - the size of my collection is only a fraction. I wanted to have the impression that this calmed here down a little bit. But of course she realized the trick right away.

Comment

What makes a woman happier than a man who's got a face that looks like a kids-face-on-xmas-easter-birthday-and-whatever? Tell her how much you want to get that Rhoads, and tell her immediately after that how much you love HER... and prove it ... be honest. Thats the way it'll work. Don't even think of beeing able to hide the RR from your wife... women will know everything... someday!!!
                  Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

Once you get to a certain point... adding guitars and/or amps without her knowledge ain't no big thing. I think I went from 14 guitars to 26 or so without her knowledge within a year Going from 2 or 3 guitars to 4 or 5, I don't think sneaking is necessary... chances are she has that many different designer shoes or handbags. So beat her at her own game... "but, honey I have to be able to accessorize with what I'll be wearing on stage"
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I tell her I buy and sell them and make money so thats how I afford them. Which is part true and not a total lie but the fleet I have now some were paid for that way and some were not I have them shipped to arrive on my home office day when she is not here. She is so confused by which ones I have now I am passed the point of question Hey if she can spend 300.00 bucks on a dress she wears to a wedding once....and more shoes than the kentucky derby than I am OK

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel
                        After reading this I have this one VH tune in my ear: Where have all the good times gone .. Mommy didn´t need no little boys .. Daddy didn´t need no little toys.
                        It's not a VH tune - it's a Kink's tune that they covered.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

aaaahhh the sneaking it by the wife routine.

many a fine man has been busted while a new guitar enters the house unannounced.

"heres 10 free experienced tips." I should write a book...

1] never have fed-x deliver your gear. they deliver till 7PM? and there are few things worse than having a guitar show up during dinner, thus ruining your evening arguing about it.

2] get to know your ups driver, though highly efficient, some days they run early or late. ask him where he normally is at different times, I've chased guitars down many a time ,hours before my driver ever came down my road...
                          "PLAN YOUR DAY AROUND THE TRACKING NUMBER".

3] if you do not have the flexibility of self employment or the ability to be late 3-4 days a week on your job,
                          once youve gotten to know your ups driver, make it clear he doesnt have to leave it right in front of your alternate door or garage entrance...
                          friends, communication is everything, if you have a lawn care shed, boat house, out house, detached garage,or something along those lines where your wife seldom snoops.
                          this is a good place to have your new prize placed ,if you cant personally be there to accept the package.
                          ALWAYS dispose of your shipping box the same day.
                          being busted weeks later for a guitar you got away with also sucks

4] if youre potentially going to be out of town, ask your seller to wait on shipping till you can be there and be in control of the situation....never have a neighbor sign for or collect your package.
                          this always has a way of coming back to bite you in the a$$ ,after some neighborhood female coffee clutch conversation has taken place.

5] if you are within a reasonable distance from your local ups distribution center simply call ups with your tracking number, place a hold for pickup on the package , and pick it up yourself... you can always sneak it in during lunch, right after your wife leaves for work, midnight, etc.
                          this was a personal favorite for quite sometime.

6] real guitar addicts have a great poker face... know your wifes daily routine to the letter... when she shits, showers and shaves... know when she gets to work, when she leaves work, if she's having a drink after work with some friends....
                          dont ask her whats up for thursday, on tuesday night before bed, if you have a guitar coming .
                          women know men in general dont think that far ahead.
                          this throws up big red flags...

7] you can certainly email and conduct business from your normal email address, but file your guitar dealings away in a secret alternate email address only known by you and your pet.
                          the female is very curious, they have no concept that reading your emails is a breach of any personal privacy.

8] if your wife doesnt work outside of the house, get her a job ! or you can always have your guitar/amp delivered to a "trusted" friends house, provided he/she is off work when the package is scheduled to arrive..

9] pathetic desperate measures; throwing the dogs off the scent is easier than one would think... sell something gear wise that really isnt a keeper.... absolutely feel free to lie about the selling price.
                          theres always something your house needs, buy that item, and then openly endlessley justify that you are buying one last guitar with the money thats left to compensate for being a good guy..... this does work, but not forever.

10] if all of the above fails.. be totally honest ... tell your wife she married a musician, and this is who and what you are ,you played guitars before her and they will be around long after...

if you've communicated your point with great diplomacy , she's heard and not simply listened to you absolutely conveying that youre not looking to remortgage the house every 6 months to fund ,or spend every paycheck like a crack addict, you will likely get much further ,
                          in some cases she might actually enjoy the "limited" invlovement in the thought processes in making your purchases.

guitar buying happens in waves , they come and they go...for some more frequent than others...
                          being able to distinguish what you want/need VS. the temporary hardon you might have for something will also make your life together a bit easier as well as in your pocketbook.
                          Last edited by peedenmark7; 05-31-2006, 10:14 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Wow! I had no idea some of you guys went to such extremes to hide gear purchases! I guess I'm lucky, my wife could give a shit less what I buy as long as she gets stuff she wants. It's all good here!
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

peedenmark7 Wow, some great advice. I have nothing to contribute unfortuately. My wife left me back in the Charvel/Jackson/MTV, early 80's heyday. Never looked back since. The rows and rows of cases speak for themselves!
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Guess I'm lucky cuz my girl during tax refund time every year gives me a $1000 to blow on any guitar/gear I want! Guess it helps taking her out all year long! At least I get to see some of my money come back!
                                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                                X