Sneaking stuff by the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX
    Why the hell bring this back after 2 years????
    Well, she should be done with nursing school now... Maybe we're just wondering if he got his new guitar yet??? Sorry, It's the best I could come up with on such short notice.

Comment

Well comming from a Divorced man who had a mutitude of problems with his Ex. I brought guitars in & out of the house all the time she would question me about them & I told her the truth I either traded something off, maybe spent a little money ,or made a little money. I explained to her how the guitar trade works & hunting down the guitars you like plus turning it into an online buisness. & yeah I brought up the enjoyment I get from playing collecting buying selling, & so on she still thought I might be wasteing money a little bit . then I asked about the well over 200 purses she owns still.why so many bags some I've seen her drop 200 bucks on.
      Her responce I like them I can use 1 where ever I go,it's practical. I love variety to But I have 1 wife I told her but guitars are my love for material things, & I'm making money off of it as well as enjoying them.
      I've never heard another word before or after our divorce about my guitars . she actually cosigned for my GC credit card so I could buy a Jackson custom shop guitar.

Like some of these guys said If Bills are paid things are taken care of, be honest buy the guitar , & next time when she brings something up like this do the same for her you guys are partners.
      My ex wife is 1 of my best friends when she's not being a complete psychopath.:ROTF:

Just caught on how old this thread is & the dude hasn't posted since Dec. of 04, & his girl hasn't been back since this thread.
      Last edited by Drake S.; 05-31-2006, 02:12 PM.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

seems to going the opposite for me. my "missus" is getting more of a pig ignorant, arrogant bitch. if she's not careful, i'll be buying nothing BUT guitars instead of spending my hard earned cash on her.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My wife and I each have our own money. I basically buy what I want, when I want with my money and she does the same. We both budget for what is important to each of us, and we buy when we have the money. We have the bills split up between us, and whatever is leftover after bills is ours to do with what we want.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Just get divorced so you can buy whatever you want, whenever you want. Worked for me!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just have my stuff delivered to my work. It will never get left outside, and I have all the time in the world to figure out how to bring it in the house. I'm at 18 or 19 guitars now anyway, and she's lost track. I leave the new ones out in plain site after a few weeks, and she hasn't noticed the last 3 or 4 at all.

As far as the wife is concerned, I have 4 guitars:
              -The "brown one" (could apply to several ranging from lemon burst, to cherry sunburst, to mahogany)
              -The V (again, could apply to several since I have 4 Vs)
              -The "old one" (at least 3 or 4)
              -The one I'm selling (this varies from week to week)

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks
                My wife and I each have our own money. I basically buy what I want, when I want with my money and she does the same. We both budget for what is important to each of us, and we buy when we have the money. We have the bills split up between us, and whatever is leftover after bills is ours to do with what we want.
                that's pretty much how it operates at my house too. Although the wife still enjoys questioning why on earth I could need another guitar because, as she keeps pointing out, I never ever play them anyway. At which time, I point out to her that I play them once everyone goes to bed, often for several hours, so that the early evening is time spent with the family. I guess if she doesn't see me playing them, then I mustn't be

I'm a minnow compared to some folks here though. I have a decent collection of guitars I've scored for $150-400, and a couple that I paid more for. Total of 15 guitars (4 of which are no longer here) in the 15 years me and the missus have been together. She goes through that many shoes in a year.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Buy her one of these

I am getting married in 9 days. I have learned that as long as you two are willing to spend money on each other's hobbies and support each other, things usually work out. You definately do not want to try to sneak anything by here.

My wife likes to shop. I like to spoil her anyways, so we usually save some money for her and she takes a day off to go shopping. She knows I need new gear and as long as I am upfront with her and I am not getting more than I need, she is willing to save our money and buy me new gear. I can not expect her to support me spending money on my hobbies if I don't do the same right?

She also likes it when I include her in my guitar-ventures and other hobbies except hockey.... she hates hockey. If I am going to buy something I will ask her to come along with me. She knows I will not take long to get what I need to get and I may even buy something for her... the daisy rock guitar is a perfect example.

Either that or pray that she forgets about an anniversary or some important date. That will get you off the hook for the rest of your life regarding most of the stuff you do...
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Get it sent to work and pick it up later (when no one is around). Then play it as if you've owned it for years. Unless you actually say that it's new, most don't notice (unless it's a totally new shape). They'll notice when you haven't had a shave though. Some women are that dumb...
                    Last edited by Sanctuary; 06-01-2006, 03:13 PM.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• I like Ted Nugents reply
                      Reporter: "Ted, why do you need 16 vintage Gibson Byrdlands?"
                      Ted: "I don't." (smiling)
                      Reporter: "Then why do you have 16 vintage Gibson Byrdlands?"
                      Ted: "Because I can."

That sums it up for me. Do I need 30 guitars? No.
                      \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

• You guys that have wives who bitch about your spending need to become more successful...

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.

A successful woman is one who finds such a man.

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

• God this thread is long. LOL!
                          It's simple really... involve her. Women can smell a hoax a mile away, unless they are really dumb.

Keith didn't know anything about guitars, and he didn't know why some guitarists have so many. There are tons of reasons really,whether you're a collecter or like to play in every possible tuning you can think of.. which I explained to him. Sometimes there just isn't an explanation other than, "because it rocks!".
                          But he took an interest because it's my passion and he cares about that. He can be involved and understand what I'm talking about. And it goes both ways, I return the courtesy.

There should never be a feeling that you need to sneak anything around your significant other unless its a big happy surprise for them!
                          I guess what I'm trying to say is... if in a relationship you both show interest in understanding each other's hobbies (whether or not you enjoy it) then the respect and the compromise will come.
                          For example, the Keith is a sports nut, but I could care less about sports. He enjoys it so much that I asked him to explain all of these games to me, and now I understand his passion for sports, even though I still think paid athletes are ridiculous. The point is, he loves it and so I love it. There doesn't need to be a reason.
                          He returns the respect with my gear fetishes.

Anyone can do this. It's just a matter of both being on the same page.
                          Cheers!
                          Em
                          Last edited by Emthrax; 06-03-2006, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• I just say "If I get this XXXXXX I'll never need another one again!" Of course, when I say that, there are categories of what "I'll never need again." (amps, guitars, etc) Then, I usually (non-verbally, of course) impose a statue of limitations of 5-6 years.. by that time with all the stuff I have accrued over the years, she wouldnt remember what all of it was anyways!

Of course she loves my SLSMG so much that it would probably be very hard to buy another guitar for quite a while.

God love a woman with a bad memory!
                            www.myspace.com/madeaband
                            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

• If you're both working, just keep seperate bank accounts: pay the joint expenses seperately (and proportionally if there's a large disparity in income) and the rest is yours to do what you want with - it works for us!
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• Originally posted by tseegert
                                God love a woman with a bad memory!
                                Where do you find one?
                                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                                X