No announcement yet.

Sneaking stuff by the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield, Derby, Birmingham, Leicester.. the list just goes on!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• More importantly, where do you find one who loves guitars??
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

• backrubs.. lots and lots of backrubs, footrubs, handrubs..a rub a day keeps the bitch away.. helps my hands stay rather strong and limber anyways.

Comment

• Very cool

I'm very glad to hear people post here that their wives are supportive of their hobbies and actually have BOUGHT them guitars, 'cuz they knew their husbands would love them. The post about selling the guitar to pay for the sick child was also very moving.

I've seen too many posts on forums over the last few months where the person states, "My wife says that if I'm a good boy, I can get a new guitar in X months." Exactly those words. And I just think that's so wrong. Even though there's probably some sarcasm, it still smacks of a Mother/Son relationship more than a marriage. Eeeeyyyew!

Cheers to everyone here who made a good choice and wound up with a partner who supports their GAS!

Comment

• My wife certainly doesn't support my GAS, but I think she has actually learned to accept it. I don't spend ludicrous amounts of money on gear, so I guess she figures I could have much, much worse hobbies or addictions.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• If you've got to sneak a guitar past the wife, you've got bigger problems than GAS.
              "POOP"

Comment

• I don't have to sneak guitars by the wife. Usually I just tell her, she gets the shits for a minute, gets over it. No biggie. I don't spend a lot on guitars, having only bought about 11 in the 15 years we've been together (and most of them were under $400), all but this last one were at least disclosed at time of purchase, and most discussed before the money was spent, simply to decide whether we can really afford it at the time. If money is tight, I'll leave the guitar and if it's still available when I can afford it then good. I've missed a few nice pieces that way, but I don't need guitars anyway. They're nice to have but not essential to life.

And I don't deprive my kids of food/clothes/shoes to feed my addiction. The guy next door just bought a Porsche 956 which he plans to race on weekends, so that helps put my little hobby into perspective too.

I snuck my last purchase in just for shits'n'giggles. Didn't use the credit card - I saved for it & paid cash. I want to see how long until she notices it. Once she does, I'll take my lumps for about 5 minutes and life will return to normal. We have a very healthy relationship.
                Last edited by VitaminG; 06-19-2006, 09:35 PM.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                  If you've got to sneak a guitar past the wife, you've got bigger problems than GAS.

Ditto.
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by SEEGERMANY
                    If you've got to sneak a guitar past the wife, you've got bigger problems than GAS.
                    ANother lecture from someone with a perfect life.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• Ha ha! This thread is funny. I've got yet another one arriving today. This one my wife knows nothing about because it was an impulse purchase.

I've got enough guitars now though, that I can just leave it in the case for a while until I'm ready to pull it out and play it in front of her. If she notices, I'll just tell her I sold another to finance this one (which may actually be the case by that time).

Comment

• "ANother lecture from someone with a perfect life."

Ditto.

Max (less then perfect life) Boost

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn
                          Ditto.
                          Ditto again.
                          should not be an issue as long as you are being a responsible adult.
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by zeegler
                            ANother lecture from someone with a perfect life.
                            Ditto.

Max (less than perfect life) Boost

Comment

• Catzo's Law: "A man can own as many guitars as his wife has shoes and purses."

Comment

• A good wife really should be buying them for us ... right???

Comment

Working...
                                X