Guitar Stand i made (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Stand i made (PICS)

Okay first of all sorry admins i didnt where to post this (seems doesnt fit any place), so please move this post if its in the wrong place.

So..i am a year 11 student (em..just turned 16 years old), i take IGCSE "Design and Technology". For my coursework i decided to do something related to my hobby- GUITAR, and guitar stand seemed to be the best choice. So ..starting from researching existing products.. analyzing... specifications.... design.. testing...etc and etc (like 20-30 stages), i have made THIS VERY UNIQUE GUITAR STAND. There is also a 40 page very detailed and colourful portfolio in this project. I spent about 30-40 hours total for this (excluding the folio)

Sorry but this gutar would only fit shapes like strat, dinky, soloist, but apparently not any pointys [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND that i did everything on my own, including all the designing, proccess,..making the joints (there are quite a few joints in it), the special crackling effect painting and even the sharp aluminium bits was made (using metal turning) by myself.
    The bottom part is "slide-able" so i could store picks, tuners, straps inside. The corners in contact with the guitar is safe (there are some protection bits).

Oh well, PLEASE feel free to give any comments, either its brilliant or it totally sucks. as for my interest, please answere these

1, how much would you pay for this stand? (err..)
    2, how many points would u give it out of 100?
    3, do you like it, how do you think it should be improved?

Appreciate for any replies. ^_^"

Re: Guitar Stand i made (PICS)

Very cool design!! But I'll be hard to fit in the guitar [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like a museum piece, like a medieval torture device or something! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      How is the guitar held? How about a (smaller) pic with a guitar in it (on it?)
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I took these pictures back in April...and i've lost the ones with my Yamaha strat on it. I'll try to find it asap and post it on.
        basically the bottom lies on the sides, and the neck lies on the metal bars
        oh well.actually its not a great design..but...^_^"

Comment

I would add something for the neck to fit in just so there would be less chance of the guitar slipping to either side. JMO otherwise looks very METAL!
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Thats a cool peice, but ohnestly I have had every guitar stand known to mankind and the best I've found for safety of the guitar is the simple $3 wall hanger. My kids havent knocked one off yet.
            just my 2¢

Comment

What have you placed on the bottom of this stand? Foam or something else (also soft)?

Comment

Damn, that thing was MADE to go with pointy guitar shapes, but alas, it's a little unfortunate that it only fits rounder bodies! Still very cool looking... looks like the Dark Lord's throne. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That thing is SICK!! that is just evil looking man. As far as looks, I give it a 98, but as for functionality...dunno, need to see an axe in there. Its gotta hold the guitar really well to be an effective stand. and the metal bars on the top might mar the neck. Overall, VERY cool! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks pretty cool. With an axe on their it'd look like it has its own throne.

Just a few concerns / questions
                    Are the points where the guitar touches the stand covered with something to make sure that the guitar doesn't slide around and won't be damaged by the wood?
                    Is the stand itself stable? (most guitar stands seem to make use of a tripod styled design so that they don't tip if nudged)
                    How tall is the stand?

Comment

Jimmy, this guitar stand is made for Blood Splatter Warrior! Fucking evil! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey thanks for all the comments guys~~ [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        about the place in contact with the guitar, i stuck some black foam-like material(sorry i dont know what its called) that i found in the art department, yea so its pretty safe. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                        the reason i designed something like this is because its all about orginality. if its like the usual tri-base shapes or hanger stuff, the marks would be VERY LOW.
                        Yes but i agree that the functionality is a place that needs a lot of improvement. [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                        oh well i guess i will go to school soon and take some pics with the gutiar on it!!

Comment

Very cool design, i also just recently built one my self, out of steal tubing, and it lends its self to more funcionality. That definately does look like a good thrown for my jackson tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon:
                            steal tubing
                            funcionality
                            definately
                            thrown
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Somebody's been hanging around Gil too long! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You could put like a leather cushion in there. That would look pretty good. Otherwise I think it looks killer. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X