My guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guitars

I had to take 3 pictures because I couldn't get far enough away with the camera (plus the pictures are already kinda crappy even after taking them at the highest detail setting).

My two RRs

2002 RR1T black, 1993 RR1 white

Non-Jacksons

Left to right from the top. Peavey V-Type EXP, Kramer Standard Electric Guitar (has EMGs), Guild Acoustic, MTD Kingston 4

My latest Jackson (Soloist custom?), and my first Jackson (Y2KV)

Soon to join the collection is a Charvel Model 3b which should arrive today!

Re: My guitars

Wow, nice axes. I am partial to the white RR1, but the black RR1T comes in a close 2nd. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I like the white V, too. Here's a question no one else is likely to ask: How do you like the Kramer?

Comment

I forgot to mention that missing from the Non-Jacksons picture is my I'veBeenHad piece of junk bass that I bought when I first started playing bass. It can't hold a tune worth a damn and it sounds like crap no matter what you do. Its missing because my friend is borrowing it currently to see if he wants to learn how to play bass.

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
        Wow, nice axes. I am partial to the white RR1, but the black RR1T comes in a close 2nd. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The white RR1 plays VERY nice and as far as "feel" goes its probably my favorite Jackson. The RR1 has been used heavily (and poorly taken care of too!) but I cleaned up the trem and some of the other parts and it plays really well. The RR1T also plays nice but it seems to weigh a lot less and isn't as "worn in" as the RR1 (if that makes sense?). I just recently used the RR1 live for the first time and I had a blast playing on it (didn't do an whammy tricks though because I've not had a guitar with a whammy for a long time).

Comment

nice bro! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
            I like the white V, too. Here's a question no one else is likely to ask: How do you like the Kramer?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hm.. Well, when I bought it a while ago I needed to get a guitar that was cheap (we were playing at some shady places and you can't always stand like a hawk over your gear all the time and I didn't want to lose one of my Jacksons). The original pickups that came with it were crap (for metal) so I threw in a set of EMGs that I have had for a while and started using it as a backup or main guitar depending on where we were playing. Once the pickups were replaced and I spent a lot of time setting up the guitar, it started playing very well. The action is pretty low and the guitar feels solid. But I really hate playing lead on that guitar, it just feels really cramped and on top of that I have a ton of trouble reaching the higher up frets. Basically, with the proper setup the Kramer plays well but I wouldn't recommend getting it for someone who played lead guitar.

Comment

Ron,

Nice guitars. Which one is getting that JB pickup?

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Sweet collection! I love the white Rhoads especially. What p-ups do you have in it?

Comment

Originally posted by 86mod5:
                  Sweet collection! I love the white Rhoads especially. What p-ups do you have in it?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The pickups are labeled as J80C (neck) and J90C (bridge). I'm not too pleased with the tone I get out of them just because they don't seem to get that bite that I need for the metal band I'm in right now. They get a nice traditional heavy metal tone but I need a lot more bite and a little bit less smoothness (That's why I really like the TB-4 that I have in my RR1T).

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK:
                  Ron,

Nice guitars. Which one is getting that JB pickup?

joe...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Joe,

The white one will probably get that JB pickup at least for the time being and then I'll end up switching back to the J90C to decide what I like better. If I don't like how the RR1 sounds with the JB pickup in it, I'll probably pull that EMG 81 out of the soloist and throw the JB in there to see what it sounds like.
                  -Rob

Comment

Nice Collection. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Y2KV [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that natural mahogany Y2KV is killer! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

smokin Y2KV man [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

LOVE that snow white RR1. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ejpii:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that natural mahogany Y2KV is killer! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! I debated for a long time what finish I wanted when I picked it up from DCGL right when they first came out and after looking at picture after picture I sorta decided I wanted to be "different" and went for the Natural Mahogany and I've recieved nothing but compliments especially from women. Chicks dig the natural finish.

If you've not been able to play one of the Y2KVs you should try to, they sound amazing.

Comment

Nice collection!
                              Tell us more about that reverse head Soloist.
                              I love it!
                              [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X