X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My guitars

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
    Nice collection!
    Tell us more about that reverse head Soloist.
    I love it!
    [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here's another shot of it, gives you a better idea of the finish!

I don't know too much about it since I just recently bought the guitar from the lead guitar player in a band that recently broke up and he needed to switch to non-trem system guitars since his new band changes tunings a lot (he has a very nice Charvel that he opted to keep instead of the soloist). The serial number puts its 'birth' at 1989 and its a custom neck-thru. The guitar at some point was refinished (I think the original color was white) and there is like a non-recessed old floyd in there, which might not be stock, the routing doesn't appear to be for the floyd rose, perhaps it was for something else, I don't know (my experience with floating trems are limited only to what I've owned and I'm going on vacation Saturday morning so when I get back I will definitely try to pick some of the people's brains here about the trem system first). The back of the neck was left bare, either for a tung oil finish that never happened or just to have the raw bolt-on neck-type feel on the guitar. The guitar has an EMG 81 loaded in the bridge and a single space Jackson in the neck (I'm getting the original Jackson pickup for the bridge too, the guy I bought it from still has it, he just didn't bring it with him). Plays very well and the access to the upper frets is better than any other strat style guitar I've played.

Is there any way to find out exactly how the guitar was built out of the factory from Jackson? Do they keep records of this? It'd be cool to see what all was changed in it.

When I get back from Wisconsin I'm thinking about getting it refinished at a shop locally or maybe someone on the board that knows what they're doing or runs their own place will take it in for the usual fee and refinish it for me (the neck-thru part of it is preventing me from doing it myself, I've done some finish work in the past but I don't have the tools or space or time to do a refinish job on the guitar). I don't mind the purple finish but the job that the person did it didn't do that great of a job. Plus it needs a pro setup by someone who knows exactly what they're doing versus me tinkering around with it and trying to find what works!

Comment

Nice! I like it very much. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      If in case you decide to sell it in the future, let me know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You should try Lee at GMW guitarworks.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
        You should try Lee at GMW guitarworks.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just checked out their site, looks pretty cool. I'll just have to decide what I want the finish to be which is going to be a hassle in itself! Any suggestions?

Comment

nice guitars, rock on brotha

cheers

Comment

Nice guitars!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X