GROVER JACKSON STORY............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GROVER JACKSON STORY............

since i'm here i thought i'd share a grover jackson story, back in 84?85?86? i think, i wanted a jackson bad!!!!! i wrote to grover via the company and asked if he wanted a 1960 fender stratocaster in trade for a custom jackson. to my surprize i got a phone call from somebody there on grover's behalf. i told him what i wanted (soloist/rhoads either one with three humbuckers, sharktooth inlay and floyd rose trem )and he said he'd get back to me. i get another call a couple of days later. guy on the phone says grover will give you a randy rhoads student model in red for it, no trem. well i was pissed and didn't..........................i still have the 1960 strat! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Re: GROVER JACKSON STORY............

good move [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .... Cool story too!
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

What was the value of that Strat back then? And now?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ballpark figures THEN$2500.est. NOW$10,000 to $15,000est. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yo, Greg! How the hell are ya? Haven't seen ya since I got banned from the Mesa forum...
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by nor:
            Yo, Greg! How the hell are ya? Haven't seen ya since I got banned from the Mesa forum...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">just fine thanks, you got banned, hell i got ousted! LOL! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

damm double post! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice to see ya around!
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

nice to see you too! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool story. What did you guys do to get banned/ousted?....

Comment

i was involved there from the beginning as an administrator then mesa metal head ed left, he offered me the site but i was too friggin busy with my shop and gigs, i agreed to stay on and this punkass dweeb kid from ottawa took it over and before you know it just deleted me out. that's all i want to say about it and that fuckin forum thank you. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

I joined as an admin at the same time as the aforementioned dweeb. I totally redesigned the site, reorganized it, greeted every new visitor.

Dweeb-boy then started dissin Greg, and when I called him out on it - he started deleting posts from the admin-only forum to cover his ass. When I called him on THAT, he replied "Stop acting like a problem and I won't have to treat you like one."

I told him to shove his attitude up his ass. I don't take that shit from people who pay me, let alone some punk on an admin power trip.

Comment

Originally posted by nor:
                          I joined as an admin at the same time as the aforementioned dweeb. I totally redesigned the site, reorganized it, greeted every new visitor.

Dweeb-boy then started dissin Greg, and when I called him out on it - he started deleting posts from the admin-only forum to cover his ass. When I called him on THAT, he replied "Stop acting like a problem and I won't have to treat you like one."
                          I told him to shove his attitude up his ass. I don't take that shit from people who pay me, let alone some punk on an admin power trip.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">by the way i'm going to ottawa to visit my songwriting partner and going to pay dweeb boy a visit at the music store he works at! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Smack him once for meeeeeeeee!!!!
                            [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

oh no problem, i'll have him shitting himself in no time! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X