• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isn't it going too far ? new esp "original" shape"

klikk #1

klikk #2

antigrav bass

okay i admit , they've changed it a lil' bit but i'm still shocked [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Re: isn\'t it going too far ? new esp "original" shape"

Why is it that the voices are telling me that the ESP bass will sell better than the Jackson AG bass, even with the AG's headstart in the market? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Because the antigrav looks like it has an erect...woodpecker where the upper horn is supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
        Why is it that the voices are telling me that the ESP bass will sell better than the Jackson AG bass, even with the AG's headstart in the market? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Headstart in which market exactly? I don't recall ever seeing an AG bass anywhere...

Comment

Re: isn\'t it going too far ? new esp &quot;original&quot; shape&quot;

The AG bass has been released since 2003, was it not? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I admit that I haven't seen an AG bass in a local store yet either. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I personally don't think those really look the same at all. The ESP looks more like a stretched version of a Yamaha bass. Actually, they both kinda look like piles of puke, and in this case the ESP gets points because it looks more like it knows its a pile of puke. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

They're both pretty gross. I saw an AG at NAMM. That's the only place I've seen one.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you got to try the AG out, how light was it in relation to other basses and guitars?

Comment

dear god dude... those things are uglier than sandra bernhard ! [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

If you got to try the AG out,
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Didn't even bother.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

AG basses are ass ugly and too fucking expensive. They play nice. They're Jacksons, what do you expect? That ESP looks more like a Schecter Avenger or Robin Machete than anything else.

Comment

I think that Jackson is hideous, but I do like the ESP. If they copied it, they did it better than the original.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Marketing. ESP will recruit some tools they dragged off of MTV, and the sheep will follow and insist that ESP's are the greatest ever without ever having played a single Jackson.

Comment

I was offered the prototype AG bass by the man who designed it a few years ago (Harry Fleishman)
                            I had an interest in a few of his designs, and was actually going to buy one of his designs to add to my line.

He sold the AG design to Jackson right after this offer was made (the AG bass wasn't one that I wanted).

I think they are hideous, but they do play like God...and they do really weigh next to nothing.
                            No comment on the ESPee thing

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              They're both pretty gross. I saw an AG at NAMM. That's the only place I've seen one.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">agreed

actually i think all the jackson basses are ugly.

sorry [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X