How much is a USA Jackson abroad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a USA Jackson abroad?

This though just came to me and I'd like some feedback. Using a ballpark figure, if it costs me $1800 USD for a Custom Shop Jackson in the US, if I were living in Japan, how much would that figure change? Is it safe to say that the only added charges are taxes and customs, or would the base price be different. Also, would a USA guitar be thought of as an import, the way we think of Japanese guitars?

Re: How much is a USA Jackson abroad?

Is it safe to say that the only added charges are taxes and customs, or would the base price be different.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">- shipping of course also ,

i think also that prices in the rest of the world ( okay i can talk about Europe) are much more closer to list price in the states and not to the prices on lets say music123 or anything alike.
    (so that would be shitty if you'd order a custom through a local dealer - in a shop nearby is a dk1 for about 2000/2200 bucks - from what i know the prices in the us for a new one are about 1500 max ( right ? ) )

next you have the fluctuations ( correct word ? ) in the relations dollars/other money ( yen , euro , whatever else), so you can end up paying 1.5 that much you wanted/would pay when you were ordering.

I don't know how about those imports but i think it would be more like a question of quality .

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanx for the info, but I'm in NJ. I was just checking out the scenarios for my own information. A lot of people say that ESP's, which I own and like as well as Jacksons, are overpriced (I agree, but I buy them used). On that note, would buying a custom Jackson in Japan be comparable pricewise to buying a custom ESP in the US, ie expensive.

Comment

We always pay list price over here, unless there's a blowout sale or something.

Comment

The retail price here in England on US Select Series Guitars starts at £1699 ($3091) for solid colours through to £1999 ($3637) for Graphics. Custom Shop guitars however, start from around £3000 ($5457)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are so lucky in the States. Obviously, we can do some deals on the prices but we can unfortunately, not match by a long way, your prices. Also, I don't regard the US models as imports, I reserve that for the oriental models but, just as the real thing, built in the finest country for guitar making.

Comment

I agree with Jacksonwolf - If I'm buying a new Jackson, I'll get it from the US and pay shipping and import tax and still save around 20% - that's life!
            Cheers
            Ian
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Matt, since you're a cool pimp dealer, how much for a broad with a Jackson? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The SL2H Bengal I saw cost about 2000 USD in Taiwan. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Rocker - It will be less expensive for you to buy your guitar from a US dealer (like myself) and pay to have it shipped to you. Even after adding in the cost of shipping and import taxes you will still save yourself a substantial amount of money. Get in touch with me if you want to get exact details on how the whole process works!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Matt's Music Center
                  35 Pleasant St
                  Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                  781-335-0700
                  www.mattsmusic.com
                  Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                    Rocker - It will be less expensive for you to buy your guitar from a US dealer (like myself) and pay to have it shipped to you. Even after adding in the cost of shipping and import taxes you will still save yourself a substantial amount of money. Get in touch with me if you want to get exact details on how the whole process works!

Matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Matt's Music Center
                    35 Pleasant St
                    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                    781-335-0700
                    www.mattsmusic.com
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I think so too. In my country, DK-1 costs from 2500 USD to 2700 USD.

Comment

My co-guitarist, who at the time had alot of cash on his hands (some might remember that he sold a Kramer Stagemaster for over $3000. http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...;f=16;t=001153 ) purchased a Shattered glass SL1 from a swedish dealer for $3400. I kept telling him that he possibly could get two Soloists for that price if he ordered them from someone like Matt, but he wouldn´t listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L:
                        My co-guitarist purchased a Shattered glass SL1 from a swedish dealer for $3400.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, $3400 will get me a smokin Custom Shop peice. I have been stubborn before, we all have, but that is going overboard [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

USA Selects go for between 2700-3300€ in Belgium.
                            Custom Shop... Well, good luck finding a dealer that'll be willing to order one.

Comment

great to see you made it out here sancho!! hope you find a buyer for that shattered glass beauty soon [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X