Damn I gotta pick it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I gotta pick it up

I been a member here since its inception (as well as a member since 2001 on the old EZ board), and I have STILL yet to reach gold status. Time to just start posting smilies I guess. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: Damn I gotta pick it up

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now, now, let's not be hasty - a man in your line of work doesn't need to pick up the habit of getting in a hurry [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i'm with you man!! just a bunch of toasting smilies for me. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL.......gooed point Newc. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

WTF is gooed????....lol I meant good
          and anyway....basically retyping the same thing that i said in previous posts should start to double my post count. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Do I cut the red wire, or the blue one? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cut the black one. Anyone with basic electronics experience knows that black is always ground and red is always hot (i.e. typical 9-volt connectors) and if you make a bomb in this day and age following standard wiring color-coding, you're a tool, so you do your best to trick the bomb techs by NOT using the standard color coding, but rather make clear-sleeve hot, white ground, black for the trigger/detonator, and throw in a couple of striped wires as dummies, but wire them near enough to the trigger/detonator to fool the BDU [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Sounds like you know entirely too much on this subject, comrade!
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, it's only dangerous knowledge if you're not too lazy to implement it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

hahahahaha....i just use the same colored wiring throughout.......and if i gotta take care of one....i just trace all the wires to find out what they do....never trust the colors.

Comment

[img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek:
                        hahahahaha....i just use the same colored wiring throughout.......and if i gotta take care of one....i just trace all the wires to find out what they do....never trust the colors.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly! If supposedly everyone knows that the black wire goes to ground and red is always hot, what's to say that a mad bomber won't use purple or orange or blue??
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Because there's a pre-set mentality to associate like-colors - red=orange, green=yellow, blue=black, etc etc.
                          If you use all one color (or all clear shielding), you have less chance of it being disarmed. Likewise if you invert all the colors (red=blue, green=purple, blue=yellow, etc) you can still follow some form of standard wiring color scheme but delay the defusing time while the tech tries to figure out the inversions.
                          Or you can just use revese psychology and wire everything standard, but the tech will have to figure out if you're an idiot for using standard wiring or if you're actually using a non-standard wiring with standard colors [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

In this day and age, why not go wireless???? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

when i saw "i gotta pick it up"
                              i thought you meant a bomb, yikes.
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X