Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to Randy Rhoads' guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to Randy Rhoads' guitars?

Not like I could afford them, but whatever happened to them? I'm sure there's an intresting story.

Re: What ever happened to Randy Rhoads\' guitars?

Not very interesting at all, as far as I know, Delores (his mom) has them.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Some of Randy's Marshall head/cabs were sold as far as I know.

Comment

<font color="yellow">I think I read in one of the many articles on Randy since his death, that most of his touring gear went to his mother, Delores.

I doubt anybody will ever see them again, at least for a long time.

I imagine that when Delores passes, they will go on to his siblings to be kept in the family.

Can you imagine what Randy's 2 (that I know of) Jackson's would bring at auction [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

they are in a vault.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            <font color="yellow">I think I read in one of the many articles on Randy since his death, that most of his touring gear went to his mother, Delores.

I doubt anybody will ever see them again, at least for a long time.

I imagine that when Delores passes, they will go on to his siblings to be kept in the family.

Can you imagine what Randy's 2 (that I know of) Jackson's would bring at auction [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a scary thought Sam. But it would be fun to be there to watch. Hypothetical here: If you could afford them, would ya play them or entomb them in vacuum sealed cases? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Play them. That's what Randy did with 'em, and it's what he'd want.

Delores has them. AFAIK, only Ozzy and Zakk have been allowed to handle them - once for the Crazy Train (Tribute) video, and once when Zakk and Ozz went to see her.
              Other than that, they stay locked up. If they ever went missing, you'd have a pretty ruthless manhunt and a truly painful punishment for the thief.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would love to get my hands on his Dean V or something close enough that I can fool my drummer into thinking it's the real thing. ;-)
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

just get an rr3
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well I am sure that our very own beloved Brett is, at this very moment, in the middle of negotiations to be front row center if/when this auction ever takes place! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Seriously, the price tag IF these guitars ever went to auction would just be thru the roof...actually I bet someone like the Hard ROck would be a front runner and store these in one of their many vaults. I would LOVE to see one of those go in to the RnR HoF so we could ALL enjoy seeing one of his guitars, that would kick much ass!

Anyway...cool idea but somehow I have to agree that we may never see any of this stuff in our lifetime...and I dont blame the family, if it were me I would make sure it stayed where it belonged!

Later
                    Mike

Comment

I remember reading or hearing his mom say that up till the tribute album she had never opened the case on the poka dot V, i can imagine it must have been hard to look at it after al those years.

Comment

I have a tribute video that was produced in Japan and they go his Mom's house and open one of the cases film the guitar, but I think it was his Les Paul not one of the Jacksons.

Very cool video they talk with his mom, sis, bro, Ozzy, Sharon, Joe Holmes and some friends and stuff. Cool show if you can find it.

Jason

Comment

They should be on display in the R&amp;R hall of fame. So the average "Joe" can go see them up close. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

The guitars ain't **** without the man that played them. RIP

Comment

Fernandez Guitar Company went to see his mother and checked the details of the Polka Dot V to come up with the Fernandez version of Replica Polka Dot showing below.

Comment

Working...
                              X