Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most & least favorite USA finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your most & least favorite USA finish?

I quite like black (most of my axes are that), but for graphics I like the spooky metal stuff like Pile Of Skulls, Graveyard, and Lightning Sky.

Dislike: Reds, Hot Rod Flames, Naturals, most Trans, Nagels

And, it goes without saying: Almost everybody dislikes: Deco Dream! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Likes: Trans finishes ('specially Violin Brown and Trans Amber), Silver Swirl, Snow White, Black & White Dragon

Dislikes: Cheesy beach babe airbrush jobs, anything with blood & gore, pink/black Eddie Ojeda bullseyes

And in both categories: Cherry Sunburst. When done in a transparent, subtle way, it's my all-time favorite finish, but when done the way Jackson usually does it, with a clown-mouth-emulating, garish bright red ring sprayed around the outer edge, I hate it.

Comment

Likes: Graphics; Yellow and Blue Bengal,Erie Dess Swirl, Transparents; Burnt Amber Burst, Cherry Sunburst, Chlorine, Trans Amber, Opaques; Black, Snow White, Ivory
        Dislikes: Graveyard, Shattered Glass, Pile of Skull's, Any of the colored metallics.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Favorites:

Deep Candy Red
          Black Cherry
          Eerie Dess Swirl
          Candy Green
          Candy Blue
          Candy Purple, Pavo Purple
          Black, Metallic Black, & Black Pearl
          Magenta/Pink

Dislikes:
          Hot Rod Flames
          Bullseyes
          Lightning Bolts, Lightning Sky

Comment

Favorites: Old style Bengal, Snakeskin, Leopard, Zebra

Dislike: Deco Dream! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

Likes: Yellow and Blue Bengal, Lightning Sky, Black, Red, Blue, and Green Ghost Flames, Bolted Steel, Silver Swirl, Snow White, Trans Amber, Cabo, Violin Brown, Chlorine, Root Beer, Natural( on SL2H Mah), and Cobalt , Black with White bevels (on Rhoads and King V's).

Dislikes: Shattered Glass, Hotrod Flames, Trans Red, Green, and Black (because of the black burst, would look so much better if the trans covered the entire guitar), Cream, and Gold
              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Toe, I don't understand why Jackson is not doing this Shattered Glass instead.
                This version looks much cooler.
                IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, that Shattered Glass graphic rules!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Diablo Mozart has (had?) a Jackson with a graphic very similar to that, and I loved it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Likes; Crimson Swirl, the rhoads kev easton has atm is awesome!, Interface, Ghost Flames (especially red), so mostly custom options I guess... Black Cherry is awesome too.

Dislikes; Trans black, alot of the 'bursts, most naturals.

Comment

quilttops! in the colour: chlorine, dark green, sunburst, dark red;
                    grafix: snakeskin, bolted steel,
                    ivory with black pinestripes on a RR

dislike:
                    hotrod flames, bullseye (except on a ZW les paul), shattered glas

Comment

Likes: HRF, Blue Bengal, Snakeskin - I'd pretty much have most of the graphic finishes actually... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dislikes: Blue & tan flames (wtf, like?) and anything trans or burst.

Steve.
                      www.stevemoore.tv
                      www.fireland.tv

Comment

Likes: Quilt tops, anything with flames (ghost flame especially) and yellow bengal

Dislikes: Black (I'll leave those for the rest of you guys) and natural

By the way, there is an older Kramer Baretta at a local GC that has a shattered glass similar to that on Zakk's above. If anyone needs info or pics I could always stop in for ya.

Comment

Favorites: BLACK, Any of the Marblizer finishes (all colors) Eerie Dess, and Quilts or Flames(tops)...most trans colors

Least favorites: Most graphic finishes (except for Warbird)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Speaking of graphics... have you started on the Blue Snakeskin refin of my Dinky yet? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

black is a timeless color and you will never grow tired of it. It seems like most graphics youd think were cool at the time but in like 5 years might want something else. I like the black ghost flames though. I think a trans green KV2 would be cool but might get tired of that. I think the ivory and snow white are cool with the ebony fretboard.
                              I dont really like trans red or black. I dont get why Jackson has like 3 shades of grey. But they all look cool I just dont get why there are so many.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Speaking of graphics... have you started on the Blue Snakeskin refin of my Dinky yet? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X