Has Joe Satriani ever been spotted with a Jackson or a Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Joe Satriani ever been spotted with a Jackson or a Charvel

All I 've ever seen him play are Ibanez. Does anyone know what he was playing before he took the deal with them?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Has Joe Satriani ever been spotted with a Jackson or a Charvel

I think he made parts guitars for himself.

Comment

He's talked about using Kramers, too, at an earlier point in his career. And you just know that's he had to have tried a Charvel or Jackson along the way, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

well he had a homemade stratstyle back in the early 80's for a band he was in, thats about all i know.

Comment

The only one's I've ever heard of him using (i.e. recording with) were Kramers for Surfing With The Alien (actually, one Kramer), and then he got the Ibenhad deal.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought Joe was using the Ibanez 540P (Not the Alex Skolnick 540 Power II) during those first 2 albums. Like the one pictured on Not Of This Earth. I also heard that 540P was sort of designed for Joe Satriani at the time, but I don't know how much of that is hearsay.

Comment

I have one. He played a 1988 540pro. They are very hard to find. It eventually turned into the Radius and then evolved into the JS.

Comment

The 540P I have is the 5-Alarm Red color with the triple coil humbucker in the bridge as the only pickup. Sounds really nice for shred. Since it's rare it is more of a collectable piece though.

Comment

Mine is burgundy metallic and h/s/s. 22 frets, fully bound neck and sharks.

Comment

My guitars identical twin is on Ebay right now Ibanez 540 P

Comment

I must have gotten bad info regarding my guitar. Mine looks nothing like that one.

Comment

JDCable can you post a pic of your guitar? You might have a Pro-Line or Roadstar Ibanez maybe. What is the serial #?

Comment

I recall reading an interview a long time ago where he said he was using parts/'custom' strats before the Ibanez deal. Even though he is pictured on Surfing with an Ibanez 540P, he didn't use any Ibanez on the album.

What was he pictured playing on the original release of 'Not of This Earth'? The original release had a really low-budget cover, while the current cover, where he's pictured with an Ibanez, was added several years later when the album was rereleased.

Comment

There was a GW issue back in the early 90's (Shred Is Dead cover?) where he said he used a Kramer Pacer (or was it a Stagemaster?) for Surfing, and then got the Ibanez deal after that album, and was amused by all the interest in Ibanez due to that album when in fact he used a Kramer.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I remember reading an interview with Joe back when his first album was released - his claim to fame was "Steve Vai's Guitar Teacher!". Anyways, his guitars at the time were self built from parts. After the Ibanez deal, he did use a vintage Fender strat live when he played with Mick Jagger's band.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X