1 5/8", R2 nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 5/8", R2 nut

Does Jackson make anything with a 1 5/8" nut? I haven't seen one. I like several Jacksons, but I have to be able to play it.

J

Re: 1 5/8", R2 nut

Not a very common option on Jacksons..
    However, you can oder anyting you want from the Custom Shop.
    If you don't have huge bucks and are lookig for a Soloist style guitar, look for the Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe or ESP "The Mirage".

These 2 guitars are basically blood brothers to the Soloist.
    I have owned both(and still have the Mirage)and can honestly say I like them as much, if not better, then any Soloist I ever played.(Currently own a San Dimas era Pink Soloist)

Comment

Re: 1 5/8", R2 nut

Originally posted by me wise majic:
      ... but I have to be able to play it.

J
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What, you got webbed hands? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] 1 11/16" is only 1/16" more than 1 5/8" (which is the same as 1 10/16")

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: 1 5/8&quot;, R2 nut

Other than the Kramer Stagemaster, the nightswan and Pro Axe both has narrow nut. Out of the three, the pro axe is the least expensive.

Fong

Comment

The SD-III was a 1 5/8 nut width .. there also some reissues on ebay the may have it ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Most GMW are 1 5/8 too.

Comment

I believe that the AT-1 had a 1 5/8" nut as well.

Although thay did not come with Floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by me wise majic:
                ... but I have to be able to play it.

J
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What, you got webbed hands? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] 1 11/16" is only 1/16" more than 1 5/8" (which is the same as 1 10/16")

Newc
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A little wrist break from a traffic accident caused some tendons to shorten...

Comment

Damn, that's too bad. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Any other side effect?

Comment

Any other side effect?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My hand is about 1/2" more toward "the inside" than it should be. My pinky "rides high" above the fretboard due to this.

Comment

I'd love a Roswell Rhoads! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X